Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Next Big Thing

Do you think a Bowman Chrome Base Auto will top $1000

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
Do you think there will be another Bowman Chrome BASE Auto that tops $1000? If you answer yes, who do think?
I would say yes (2002 Mauer or a close second 2007 Lincecum)
Just curious what you guys think.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I believe that the supply of Lincecums out there are just too great for it to approach near $1K. I also don't think Mauer will reach near $1K either, but I guess you never know with how the market has been lately.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
this isn't meant to come off as "a-hole"

but if they become hof'ers and inflation goes crazy, then in 25 years, they easily could be $1000 cards

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
not without outside influences like inflation, no

The pujols had no parallels, that is why it's so expensive. If he had a full run of chrome autos like todays prospects do, then the base would be more affordable and well below 1k.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
not without outside influences like inflation, no

The pujols had no parallels, that is why it's so expensive. If he had a full run of chrome autos like todays prospects do, then the base would be more affordable and well below 1k.
Not to mention the fact that not all 500 Pujols were redeemed. Not even close from what I've heard.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
yeah i dont see a lincy or mauer base ever getting over 500 to be honest...just to many of them produced

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Wright's base BC Auto hit $600 at one point in time. At that time people were discussing whether that card, Miggy TT Auto, Howard BB Auto and Fielder's Ultimate Auto would hit $1000.

The economy has fallen like crazy since then, and those numbers are vague memories. It will take some time, but sooner or later when the economy does really rebound, things could change.

When guys like Hanley, Braun, Fielder, Wright, Lincecum, Verlander etc. have played 10-15 years in the Majors and are approaching big time milestones (likely not all of them, but at least one or two should) and the economy is in better shape, the numbers may seem less crazy. Don't know if base Chrome Auto's will hit $1000, but the nicer auto's, even the base ones could one day get there.

Members online

Latest posts