Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need ideas for my card shop. Suggestions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
ok, I have had a card shop for over a year and things are going great, so I am ready to start having a trade night, so my question is this, what kind of Promotions/games/discounts should I incorporate with my trade night? I have a few ideas, but I would like more. Thank you in advance!!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Pack wars with low end stuff for kids always brings business.
You can also do a 5.00 gift certificate for every 100.00 purchased.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Punch and pie!

But seriously, cheap pizza given away free, could get a lot of hungry nerds in the door.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I love trade nights, but my shop doesn't do them a whole lot, they have had more luck with case rips
where everyone gets a slot for 40 bucks and gets all the cards that are pulled of that team. The best
trade nights that I have been apart of happen on payday and when high rollers start to open packs. Once
you get the ball rolling people will start to bust stuff..heck it doesn't even have to be good stuff, they
will bust what is there.

Pack wars are also very fun, the key is low cost with high number of participants...10 guys pay 10 bucks
a piece on a 100 dollar box is fun...if you lose, oh well, 10 bucks no prob, if you win heck yeah big win. Compile
an email list and send that out, even better if you take requests on what other collectors are looking for.

You want to make the collectors there feel welcome, if it sucks they will never come back. Make it fun and
try to involve everyone. Shake everyones hand and offer to look through everyones box, wether it is a box of
high end autos, or 88 crap. I really can't strees building relationships for these. Worth of mouth will be key.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
Thank you for the suggestions, please keep them coming. How do the live auctions work?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Do Ebay price matching on singles on trade/pack war nights and $5 drop board.. Where every week you drop prices $5 each week on better singles.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
Stripper poles!! You can't go wrong with stripper poles :D
Seriously pac wars with low end stuff, drawings for merchandise of area team(s), Raffle for some local sporting events or High end cards. Free pack if they come into your shop in there baseball uniform. Anywho good luck with whatever you come up with. ;)

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Get kids to come in as much as possible, you could have them coming in for years. Topps Attax and freebies/extra kid discount on cheap packs might help.

kidman232

Sep 17, 2008
kansas city
my store host live auctions where people can bring in singles to sell, they go for sale on monday and end sunday afternoon. You have to be registered to bid (charge like a $10 one time fee and give them a unique account number) and they can bid on the singles people have brought in to sell. The house takes like 10% of the sale prices. My lcs normally has a few hundred singles each week to 2 weeks. ranging from vintage to reggie bush rc autos /25 and everything in between. its alot of fun. Have all the auctions end on a sunday afternoon at a set time. This way your store will be packed with last minute bidders and what not (you could expand this into some type of trade night following it since you will be busy).

can talk to you further about it if its something your really interested in, but once you get the ball rolling, it will get alot more people into your store on numerous days which will lead to other sales for you: singles, supplies, packs/boxes etc

G

Here's what packs the shop nearest me.

Buy a case of a hot product, perhaps 2010 Playoff Prestige with the first NFL licensed Tebow autos, and host a live case break. Charge people $45 for a team, but do not let them pick their team. 32 teams multiplied by $45 will cover the cost of a hobby case.

The night of the break serve food, video tape it, maybe stream it on FCB. Let them draw team names out of a hat so everyone has a chance.

It brings people into the shop, promotes goodwill, and lets you sell a case at a markup.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If there are other businesses around you maybe get them to donate some kind of Gift Cert or even coupons for there places
and if they see it gives them some business they maybe they will do it more often.

For your trade night I would like the ohter poster said get a pizza place to supply some reduced prices and have
pizza as the food give away. I know that a place me has a deal with the pizza place close by and they get some cheese pizzas.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
One thing that my LCS does is have a monthly giveaway.

For every $20 you spend, you get a blue ticket.

At the end of the month, a winning ticket is picked out of the box.

Prizes have been autographed photos and other memorabilia.

It's just another incentive to the customers who drop coin.

Members online