Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moustakas & Wallace Sales to report...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
[ebay:1y8h7o8z]380171333970[/ebay:1y8h7o8z]

Moustakas RED 1/1

[ebay:1y8h7o8z]380207279004[/ebay:1y8h7o8z]

Wallace USA Patch 1/1

* I used to own the Wallace...just got a text from my buddy that both had sold.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
That is one ugly Wallace.

Other than not having a picture of Wallace...it is actually not bad in hand...

Well, to each their own but I've just started a Wallace collection and I can honestly say, I wouldn't pay $10 for that.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
boomo said:
wow both prices seem very fair

I was going to say both prices seem like the buyer got taken for a ride.

Not at all considering the way these guys are playing. Also, keep in mind that Wallace doesn't have a MLB card yet. But, But, I'm also happy for my buddy that SOLD these cards. The buyers may have slightly overpaid, but when dealing with 1/1 RC (type) cards, you just never know.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
EricInCT said:
boomo said:
wow both prices seem very fair

I was going to say both prices seem like the buyer got taken for a ride.

Not at all considering the way these guys are playing.
Also, keep in mind that Wallace doesn't have a MLB card yet. But, But, I'm also happy for my buddy that SOLD these cards. The buyers may have slightly overpaid, but when dealing with 1/1 RC (type) cards, you just never know.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:

Well, to each their own but I've just started a Wallace collection and I can honestly say, I wouldn't pay $10 for that.

No, I believe you would pay $10 for that. ;)

That is the 2nd best Wallace card available right now and there is a chance that Wallace won't have a MLB card until 2010...you do the math.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:

That is the 2nd best Wallace card available right now and there is a chance that Wallace won't have a MLB card until 2010...you do the math.

Well, you can believe I would. I know I wouldn't.

I'm not anal when it comes to my PCs. If a card is ugly or undesirable, I'm not interested in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can see why some people might want it. It's rare, for one and, as you said, he may not have another card for some time. But I can only speak for myself.....

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:

I'm not anal when it comes to my PCs. If a card is ugly or undesirable, I'm not interested in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can see why some people might want it. It's rare, for one and, as you said, he may not have another card for some time. But I can only speak for myself.....

Say something like, "I wouldn't pay market value for that card!"

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="braden":3cywd1q0]That is one ugly Wallace.

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....[/quote:3cywd1q0]

This is so dumb.....

I. Would. Not. Pay. $10. For. That. Card.

I swear to you, I wouldn't. Not for a collection. Now, if someone offered it to me for $10 and I could immediately turn around and sell it for $300 or whatever, of course. But I think it's obvious that that's not what I meant.

I judge cards by how they look. Plus, I hate game used stuff. I think I've got less than five in my collection. So those two massive strikes render it completely useless to me price be damned.

It's fine if you think that's silly or whatever. But it's the truth.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
[quote="Adamsince1981":3p8sd25g][quote="braden":3p8sd25g]That is one ugly Wallace.

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....[/quote:3p8sd25g]

This is so dumb.....

I swear to you, I wouldn't. Not for a collection. Now, if someone offered it to me for $10 and I could immediately turn around and sell it for $300 or whatever, of course. But I think it's obvious that that's not what I meant.

I judge cards by how they look. Plus, I hate game used stuff. I think I've got less than five in my collection. So those two massive strikes render it completely useless to me price be damned.

It's fine if you think that's silly or whatever. But it's the truth.[/quote:3p8sd25g]

Well, now you are putting all these stipulations behind your post. You should have said, "I wouldn't want that in my collection." Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it was the only dumb part...

Not busting your balls or anything...just pointing out that your original post would be like not hitting the BIN on a sure fire steal....

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Quit talkin your "buddy's" :lol: card up, he made out like a bandit on that cruddy looking card.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="braden":3g7ocjrv][quote="Adamsince1981":3g7ocjrv][quote="braden":3g7ocjrv]That is one ugly Wallace.

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....[/quote:3g7ocjrv]

This is so dumb.....

It's fine if you think that's silly or whatever. But it's the truth.[/quote:3g7ocjrv]

Well, now you are putting all these stipulations behind your post. You should have said, "I wouldn't want that in my collection." Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it was the only dumb part...

Not busting your balls or anything...just pointing out that your original post would be like not hitting the BIN on a sure fire steal....[/quote:3g7ocjrv]

Considering I prefaced it by saying "I've started a Wallace collection", I can't understand how you'd take it any other way.

But fine: I would not pay $10 to have that in my collection.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
[quote="Adamsince1981":1oqx9663][quote="braden":1oqx9663][quote="Adamsince1981":1oqx9663][quote="braden":1oqx9663]That is one ugly Wallace.

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....[/quote:1oqx9663]

This is so dumb.....

It's fine if you think that's silly or whatever. But it's the truth.[/quote:1oqx9663]

Not busting your balls or anything...just pointing out that your original post would be like not hitting the BIN on a sure fire steal....[/quote:1oqx9663]

Considering I prefaced it by saying "I've started a Wallace collection", I can't understand how you'd take it any other way.

But fine: I would not pay $10 to have that in my collection.[/quote:1oqx9663]

That made the last part of your statement even more perplexing...had you not typed that I would have essentially blown your post off.

As a player collector, I can't understand blowing off a 1/1 of your guy....especially when it is the 2nd best card that currently exists of said player.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
braden said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="braden":1fiajamq][quote="Adamsince1981":1fiajamq][quote="braden":1fiajamq][quote="Adamsince1981":1fiajamq][quote="braden":1fiajamq]That is one ugly Wallace.

Saying you wouldn't pay $10 for it is silly. It is a 1/1 jumbo patch autograph "RC" of a guy that doesn't have an MLB RC yet....[/quote:1fiajamq]

This is so dumb.....

It's fine if you think that's silly or whatever. But it's the truth.[/quote:1fiajamq]

Not busting your balls or anything...just pointing out that your original post would be like not hitting the BIN on a sure fire steal....[/quote:1fiajamq]

But fine: I would not pay $10 to have that in my collection.[/quote:1fiajamq]

That made the last part of your statement even more perplexing...had you not typed that I would have essentially blown your post off.

As a player collector, I can't understand blowing off a 1/1 of your guy....especially when it is the 2nd best card that currently exists of said player.[/quote:1fiajamq]

As I said, I'm not very anal. I hate GU. Two of my player collections, I simply removed all their GU from my personal checklist. I don't count them.

1/1s don't mean anything to me unless I like the card. That may be Wallace's second best card to you, or in terms of scarcity; but I don't see it that way.

I had a hockey player collection once where I was a completist. I sought 100% completion. But I hated myself every time I bought a card I didn't like. Especially a jersey card or something. Finally, I said 'eff it' and sold off the cards I didn't like. I look at that collection a lot more now. I actually like it.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
See, you are justifying your original post (that card is ugly).

But

if faced with the opportunity to purchase the card for $10, what would you do?

My belief is that you WOULD pay $10 for that card. :D

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
and to just switch gears, when Brett gets the callup, what will these patch/autos /99 go for?

bwallaceud08.png

Members online

Latest posts