Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Dont know if this has been posted yet and if it has then this can be deleted but it has been announced that his first big league start will be on June 4th vs the Reds.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Great news. That's one day after Taylor Buchholz' return from the DL! Not that it compares to the Strasburg debut... :lol:

Hopefully those that have been holding Chrome/Base/Autos will get a pleasant jump?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Are you sure about this? Everything I have read says that this is unofficial from the Nats.

Now, I fully think he will be debuting the 1st week of June-but I don't think anything is set in stone as of now-not from what I've read. But could be wrong.

For my sake, I hope his MLB debut is done with a little more drama, rather than announcing it way before. Just seems that announcing it way before won't give the cards the same spike it would if it's like a normal guys debut, called up that day kind of thing.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
zookerman182 said:
Dont know if this has been posted yet and if it has then this can be deleted but it has been announced that his first big league start will be on June 4th vs the Reds.

Weather permitting, of course! :lol: :lol: :lol: Mother Nature doesn't seem to like this kid!

It'd be just his luck if he's making his MLB debut and a lightning strike occurs nearby and knocks him off his feet and onto his rich ***.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
OH man.. just did the 5 man rotation of the Natty's schedule. I have tickets for the Wednesday game of the series vs the Braves in Atlanta.. with the Off Days, it comes to that his day to pitch!! OH MAN!! :p :p

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Is this what your refering to? If so, thats not an announcement. Its the way he is lined up. Nothing has been said by the Nats. Its still just speculative.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/05/the_strasburg_effect.html said:
Despite the postponement, the Nationals can still keep Strasburg lined up to make his major league debut at Nationals Park on June 4. His next start for the Chiefs, currently scheduled for Sunday in Syracuse, will almost certainly be moved to Monday, also in Syracuse. Nationals assistant general manager Bryan Minniti, who is in Rochester with the Chiefs, said the team had not determined when Strasburg will start again beyond Wednesday night, but confirmed the team would not allow him to pitch Sunday on short rest.

If Strasburg starts again Monday, he could make his final minor-league start on either May 29 or 30 -- the Chiefs play at home both nights -- then make his long-anticipated debut for the Nationals on June 4 against the Cincinnati Reds, in the first game of a six-game homestand.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Wonder what ticket stubs from his debut will fetch. I'm sure MLB will be authenticating a bunch of game used balls from this game as well to auction.

Members online