Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb's Jonathan Mayo Mock Draft - 1st Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but,

So after reading that article I have a question about it. Yesterday I pulled the Machado Superfractor and its been a long day at work already and my brain is not functioning correctly. When the author of this article states :

"3. Baltimore Orioles: Manny Machado, SS, Miami Brito HS, Florida
The O's are in a nice position to decide who to take based on what happens right above them, as it looks like the O's and Bucs like some of the same players. In this scenario, that means Machado, the big high school shortstop who's gotten some unfair comparisons to A-Rod. Of course, Baltimore's gone off the charts before (see Hobgood, Matt), so don't be shocked if they head in another direction."

Is he saying that he will never be an A-Rod? or what is he saying there. Ive been working on 3 different bids at work today and crunching numbers so my brain is not working.

Thanks

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
gogosox40 said:

So after reading that article I have a question about it. Yesterday I pulled the Machado Superfractor and its been a long day at work already and my brain is not functioning correctly. When the author of this article states :

The O's are in a nice position to decide who to take based on what happens right above them, as it looks like the O's and Bucs like some of the same players. In this scenario, that means Machado, the big high school shortstop who's gotten some unfair comparisons to A-Rod. Of course, Baltimore's gone off the charts before (see Hobgood, Matt), so don't be shocked if they head in another direction."

Is he saying that he will never be an A-Rod? or what is he saying there. Ive been working on 3 different bids at work today and crunching numbers so my brain is not working.

Thanks

What he is saying is that comparing any other high school player to Arod is unfair to that player. Alex Rodriguez is the greatest prep prospect in the history of baseball. This doesnt take anything away from Machado, however. Everything that I have read/seen on Manny projects him very well.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Manny is a good player but not one that many teams want to take within the 1st 10 picks. I had one scout tell me his ceiling is more like Mike Lowell.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Jays_Cards said:
gogosox40 said:

Thanks

What he is saying is that comparing any other high school player to Arod is unfair to that player. Alex Rodriguez is the greatest prep prospect in the history of baseball. This doesnt take anything away from Machado, however. Everything that I have read/seen on Manny projects him very well.

Thank You for the clarification. I hope he does well.
Thanks again

Members online

Latest posts