Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value of 2010 Chicle artist proofs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Anyone know what the values of the 2010 Topps Chicle artist proofs will bring? Will they get more money than an actual player auto. I only ask because I'm looking for potential value for this:

ReynoldsWood228.jpg

It's 4/10

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Artist Sig rather than Player sig? How would you figure it would bring more?

Only thing that will drive the prices for these is if anyone decides to collect the set.

Turkey Reds a couple years back (2007) had the Red Cabinets signed by Dick Perez. There wasn't a huge premium for those, and it was freakin' Dick Perez.

But that's just my 2 pesos.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Russ S. said:

Only thing that will drive the prices for these is if anyone decides to collect the set.

Turkey Reds a couple years back (2007) had the Red Cabinets signed by Dick Perez. There wasn't a huge premium for those, and it was freakin' Dick Perez.

I didn't figure. That's why I was asking. I didn't think that it would bring more.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
kdailey4315 said:
Russ S. said:

I didn't figure. That's why I was asking. I didn't think that it would bring more.
Yeah, I'd imagine 98% of collectors would rather have the player's sig.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="Russ S.":t357znf4]Artist Sig rather than Player sig? How would you figure it would bring more?

Yeah, I'd imagine 98% of collectors would rather have the player's sig.[/quote:t357znf4]

True

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I pulled a Henry Rodriguez Artist's Proof signed by Ken Branch #/10 and the best part about it is that it's an extra hit. A "freebie." I would imagine as with any parallels, the better (or the more collected) the player, the more it's worth.

Being limited to 10 creates a small enough market to generate some interest.

Of course, in my case, the Henry Rodriguez market doesn't even exist in Oakland.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Russ S. said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="Russ S.":3hgmyyw3]Artist Sig rather than Player sig? How would you figure it would bring more?

Yeah, I'd imagine 98% of collectors would rather have the player's sig.[/quote:3hgmyyw3]

Yes, the Brock listed above would have sold $75+ had it been Brock's auto.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
I paid $39 if I am not mistaken for the Babe Ruth Small card Artist Proof #ed /10 and $24 for the Cabinet Card Babe Ruth Artist Proof (Different Artist and picture and #ed out of /50) and just paid $27 for the Mel Ott AP #ed /10

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Personally I think they are kind of cool looking and who knows if I'll ever see another one of them ever pop up since they are so low #ed?

Casebusters said:
with or without the auto, it is a card serial numbered to 10..
Isn't that worth something?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
[center:1pmhpcra]
d_146.jpg
[/center:1pmhpcra]

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
jjj7880 said:
Does every player have an artist proof #/10 artist auto?

Looks like it.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blow ... eball.html

PARALLEL CARDS (3,300 TOTAL CARDS) - 9 PER BOX!
- Printing Plates (330 subjects/1,320 cards) - One of One! Hobby Exclusive!
- Cowhide (330) - One of One! Hobby Exclusive!
- Umbrella Red Back (330) - One of One! Hobby Exclusive!
- Artist Proof (330) - Numbered to 10! Hobby Exclusive!
- Umbrella Black Back (330) - Numbered to 25!
- Bazooka Back (330)
- National Chicle Back (330)

I also see these both recently sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Zach-Duke-2010-Nati ... 255a9577cf

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZACH-DUKE-2010-Topp ... 483a71414d

Members online

Latest posts