Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Francisco gets another win!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
tied for 6th in baseball.

Has a closer/reliever ever ended up in the top 10 for wins?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Am I the only one who thinks that whichever player has thrown the most pitches should get the win or the loss? At least it would make the stats line up with the years from 1900 to 2000. Tyler Clippard has 7 wins as the Nats' setup man. Kevin Millwood has zero home wins this year, but the Orioles are 4-1 in games he's started at home. How is that fair to him?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. A pitcher could throw 125 pitches in 5 innings and come out losing 10-2....his team could come back and win and he deserves the W b/c he threw 125 pitches?

A relief pitcher will never win more than 12-13 games in a season and that's if they are EXTREMELY lucky the ENTIRE year. So its nothing to worry about.

IMO, if you want the win, find a way to stay in the game.

mudflap02 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that whichever player has thrown the most pitches should get the win or the loss? At least it would make the stats line up with the years from 1900 to 2000. Tyler Clippard has 7 wins as the Nats' setup man. Kevin Millwood has zero home wins this year, but the Orioles are 4-1 in games he's started at home. How is that fair to him?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
As if it was needed, just further proof why the "win" stat for pitchers is irrelevant and should never even be considered in evaluating a player.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
markakis8 said:
Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. A pitcher could throw 125 pitches in 5 innings and come out losing 10-2....his team could come back and win and he deserves the W b/c he threw 125 pitches?

A relief pitcher will never win more than 12-13 games in a season and that's if they are EXTREMELY lucky the ENTIRE year. So its nothing to worry about.

IMO, if you want the win, find a way to stay in the game.

mudflap02 said:

Actually, the team gets the win or loss, not any individual player. Maybe if a pitcher throws a shutout and hits a HR, I'd consider giving him a win then and only then. I'd just consider it though.

Members online

Latest posts