Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon Beckham, how much longer before demotion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Ozzie screwed him. Putting him in the 2 hole and trying to turn him into a punching Judy.....STUPID

How does where you're slotted in the lineup correlate to your ability to hit a baseball? Situational stats - RBI runs scored - are affected by batting order. Not average

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
JoshHamilton said:
ballerskrip said:
Ozzie screwed him. Putting him in the 2 hole and trying to turn him into a punching Judy.....STUPID

How does where you're slotted in the lineup correlate to your ability to hit a baseball? Situational stats - RBI runs scored - are affected by batting order. Not average

FUN-DA-MENTALLY Disagree.

Bat someone ahead of a good hitter, they see their Zone-% and FB% go up. Most Young Hitters like Fastballs.

Your place in the batting order and the protection you receive is one determining factor for young hitters.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Good thing prospectors didn't spend boat loads on his cards!

I'd say that the vast majority of "prospectors" that have purchased his cards have long since sold them and made a nice profit in doing so.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Buynhisellnlow said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Good thing prospectors didn't spend boat loads on his cards!

I'd say that the vast majority of "prospectors" that have purchased his cards have long since sold them and made a nice profit in doing so.

I traded my Dom Brown 9.5 contenders for his gold ref 9.5 auto.....sold it for 500 off of ebay :cool: If only I didn't send in the ref and the blue to BGS :benson:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
pigskincardboard said:
JoshHamilton said:
ballerskrip said:

FUN-DA-MENTALLY Disagree.

Bat someone ahead of a good hitter, they see their Zone-% and FB% go up. Most Young Hitters like Fastballs.

Your place in the batting order and the protection you receive is one determining factor for young hitters.

If you know ozzie guillen, and what he wants from his #2 hole hitter, you would understand. He wants Beckham to be his - Move him over, take pitches so Pierre can steal, type of hitter. That is NOT Beckham's strength. Beckham is run producer with power who needs to just hit. I think they have done him a terrible disservice by hitting him 2nd.

Members online