Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Want-Lists... where to post?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I'd like to revisit this. Is there ANY good place to "advertise" your want-list? I know you can somewhat do this at BMB, but it's not really worth the time/hassle. And eBay's Want-It-Now is a complete joke.

I know there are a lot of questions and challenges in maintaining a place to collect want-lists, but couldn't it be pretty useful? Heck, I'd give it a look periodically just to see what's out there.

For me personally, I've had cards on my want-lists that I was willing to pay 10x the book value for. They weren't ultra-rare, and I'm sure they were sitting in people's misc junk boxes by their desk. They wouldn't imagine anyone wants it, and hence would never think to list on eBay. Or, maybe they actually like that $5 card, but would sell it in a heartbeat if they could get $20 for it.

Perhaps a thread that's auto-pruned every 30 days? Limit 1 post per member, no more than 10-20 cards, and no pictures?

Thoughts?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
As a seller I love the idea.I have so much **** shitting around that it would motivate me to get rid of it.Buy prices should be a requirement though.I wouldn't dig through 100,000 cards for a quarter.
Mike

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
The problem with these list, and even looking through the one nevermore linked is that they get overrun with superfractors or other cards /1, /5, /10. Cards that likely aren't sitting in a box. The other thing that happens is you get guys that say I want this card and I know I can buy it on ebay but I don't want to pay that much; which kind of defeats the purpose of a list of cards you can't find.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Fandruw25 said:
The problem with these list, and even looking through the one nevermore linked is that they get overrun with superfractors or other cards /1, /5, /10. Cards that likely aren't sitting in a box. The other thing that happens is you get guys that say I want this card and I know I can buy it on ebay but I don't want to pay that much; which kind of defeats the purpose of a list of cards you can't find.

That's why, in the heading of the initial post, that there should be some sort of perameter's as to what the thread is about :p

Everyone wants the 1/1's and something super low #'d, but not everyone is looking for a '06 UD FX Blue Josh Johsnon (or Omar Vizquel) :p

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Fandruw25 said:

There would have to be someone who is responsible for entering all the entries. There would have to be some criteria to prevent it from turning into a white whale list...Max of 5 cards per person, nothing below /10,

FCB Blogs don't seem to be working. There is probably a way to create a free Wiki site where everyone can edit their own entries...I think Google Sites offers this feature. If not, I don't mind managing a list on my site for everyone.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
KLARNOLD said:
eBay has "Want It Now" and I have used it:

http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

No offense, but IMO this site is AWFUL. Has anyone ever had any luck with it? EVER? I would be surprised is more than 1% of the people posting there ever find what they're looking for. For one thing it's not even advertised on the home page. Huh?

I'd consider paying a monthly fee to have my wants posted somewhere with some reasonable amount of traffic.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
VizquelCollector said:
KLARNOLD said:
eBay has "Want It Now" and I have used it:

http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

No offense, but IMO this site is AWFUL. Has anyone ever had any luck with it? EVER? I would be surprised is more than 1% of the people posting there ever find what they're looking for. For one thing it's not even advertised on the home page. Huh?

I'd consider paying a monthly fee to have my wants posted somewhere with some reasonable amount of traffic.

You could take out a classified ad in Beckett or TuffStuff Magazine. Not sure how much it would cost you.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
hofmichael said:
As a seller I love the idea.I have so much shat quit swearing around that it would motivate me to get rid of it.Buy prices should be a requirement though.I wouldn't dig through 100,000 cards for a quarter.
Mike
You would if you were selling those 100,000 cards at a quarter a piece and make 25k in the process LOL

Members online

Latest posts