Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ed Rapuano Hmmmm....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Didn't see it posted so please excuse me if it already has been.

But I just seen the highlights of the exchange of words between him and Bush lastnight, In my honest opinion he deserves to be suspended or atleast given a harse talking to by the league.

Atleast that's my take from the highlights I have seen, there is no reason for a professional umpire to go at a player like that... having to be restrained himself. From what I could tell all Bush did was throw his arms up and yell "Where was that?"

What's your take on it?... if you seen it.

Guessing a few players will say well managers and players go at umps all the time, that's true but the umps are not supposed to act like that are they?

Later Guys.

Shep :ugeek:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Having seen the play on ESPN, I think Bush had a point. But he made the mistake of letting it affect him and well we know how bad that turned out to be.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Thanks for posting this, I was hoping someone without a bias against the Brewers would post this.

I understand the disagreement, it was a close pitch, but the fact that the ump went after and followed Bush back to the mound is inexcusable. In addition, the fact that Macha didnt get tossed in that situation, by backing up his pitcher futher perpetuates my belief that he should not be the Brewers manager any longer. Grow a sac Macha, this team has lost its"Mojo", I don't see this team having fun playing the game anymore.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Although players are not able to argue balls and Strikes, (which in my opinion is wrong) I think they should be able to ask why.
But for an Umpire to follow or even to get into I'm in charge of the plate and you like it or not mentality is worst yet.

I should be able to ask why that was not what I thought it was, and you sir (umpire) should be able to tell me what I need to know without coming unglued. As for him following him back to the mound just shows me he was showing up the pitcher just like a standing there and watching it go over the fence shot. That was not called for and should not be allowed.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
The umpires have no business chasing/following after a player, that is just instigation.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
gregbara said:
The umpires have no business chasing/following after a player, that is just instigation.

It goes both ways though how many players and coaches follow or go after an ump? At the end of it all people are people and we all have bad days.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
bondofan38 said:
gregbara said:

It goes both ways though how many players and coaches follow or go after an ump? At the end of it all people are people and we all have bad days.

Of course it goes both ways, but in most cases the Umpires are older guys who should have more common sense and respect for the game then a young kid.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Yeah just thought I would post it.... I was shocked seeing the highlights, just the way he attacked the player Wow.

Thanks for responding.

Shep :ugeek:

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
Rapuano is a hard ass. Last year, he threw out Shane Victorino from a game who was disgruntled about the strike zone. Only Victorino was in centerfield at the time and Rapuano saw him throw his arms up in frustration.

A few days later, Rapuano umped a game in Yankee Stadium and, you guessed it, threw another guy out. I don't remember that exact incident, but I remember laughing because I was at both games and watched Rapuano and his Napoleon complex get the better of him.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
yanxchick said:
Rapuano is a hard ass. Last year, he threw out Shane Victorino from a game who was disgruntled about the strike zone. Only Victorino was in centerfield at the time and Rapuano saw him throw his arms up in frustration.

A few days later, Rapuano umped a game in Yankee Stadium and, you guessed it, threw another guy out. I don't remember that exact incident, but I remember laughing because I was at both games and watched Rapuano and his Napoleon complex get the better of him.
OR his small ***** syndrome :D

Members online

Latest posts