Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on selling Chrome RC Lots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK1989

May 17, 2010
Hi I have about 500 1st yr chrome cards from 08 Draft, 08 Chrome, 09 Draft and 10 Bowman and was wondering what to expect to get for them? I also have about 3 cases worth of "Green" RC's / Bowman 1st yr. and "Green" RCS. Would this sell well in a massive lot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Mike

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Unless it's a set that set builders are after, if tough to move these types of lots.

As most of the cards are near "worthless" (assuming you've pulled all of the key prospects and rookies), it's a tough sell.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Unless it's a set that set builders are after, if tough to move these types of lots.

As most of the cards are near "worthless" (assuming you've pulled all of the key prospects and rookies), it's a tough sell.
Agreed. I couldn't move them for the life of me, except when I set up at a card show. I got about $10 per 1600 count lot (although a lot of them were BC veterans, too).

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
As an IP auto seeker who doesn't bust much wax, I'd love for large lots like that to be listed on eBay. I have cards for most veterans, but when I go to Spring Training I often have nothing for rookies. Sure, I pick up RCs of top prospects, but I'm not inclined to spend a lot on 3rd and 4th tier prospects--much less look around a lot for them. If a bunch of these were available in a lot, I would bid. As of now, I'm still relying on cards I got from packs in 2005 and 2006. I don't have much newer stuff. I use Sportlots and it's great, but getting many different cards from many different sellers can get costly.

My selfish advice: Save those lots of cards, then next February list them all in an auction with the title "Rookie Lot from 2008, 2009... Just in time for Spring Training, Anthony"

See you in February,
Anthony

Members online

Latest posts