Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AFTER 20 YEARS OF DROOLING, I FINALLY OWN A MCGWIRE HR BAT!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christmas came early. Worked out a deal to bring home the McGwire Bat of my dreams today!!! Did your grandpa want a bat that babe ruth hit a HR with? Did your dad want a bat that Mickey Mantle hit a bomb with?? Well growing up as a little kid and even now into my adult life i have always wanted a McGwire HR bat. They exist, he was known to give them away to teamates,coaches and friends, but they never pop up for sale. Today i obtained a bat that was given to one of his teamates during his final season in 2001. His 2001 bats are already IMPOSSIBLE to find nonetheless a HR bat is just flat out rediculously impossible to obtain. I present to you, the bat of my dreams.....

Career HR # 576 , hit in Cinncinatti on August 21,2001

mac2001002.png
mac2001004.png
mac2001006.png
mac2001005.png
mac2001011.png
mac2001012.png
mac2001013.png

Random H- not sure, im gonna put on top of my TV for the time being.

Shanks- i feel ya. When the seller contacted me last night and told me that he accepted my offer of cash and trade i hit the roof. I got no sleep. I had to wake up at 6:30am and drove 3 hrs to upper pennsylvania to pick it up. I feel like charlie after getting the golden ticket.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
You know what would be awesome? To find a game tape of that HR, still frame it, print it out, and get it signed and framed to go beside it in display. Plus, the provenance of who it came from would be valuable as well in order to track its authenticity. Even if they wanted to remain anonymous, it would be cool to get something signed to track it back to them not for display purposes.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Vagrant said:
You know what would be awesome? To find a game tape of that HR, still frame it, print it out, and get it signed and framed to go beside it in display. Plus, the provenance of who it came from would be valuable as well in order to track its authenticity. Even if they wanted to remain anonymous, it would be cool to get something signed to track it back to them not for display purposes.
what would be cooler is have a lcd built in to the frame replaying the hr.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
Vagrant said:
what would be cooler is have a lcd built in to the frame replaying the hr.

That sounds expensive, but sweet. You could also go to Getty Images and see if they had one of their photographers at that game. There must be half a dozen photographers with pictures of that HR. I'm sure one of the wire services would sell you a print.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Christmas came early. Worked out a deal to bring home the McGwire Bat of my dreams today!!! Did your grandpa want a bat that babe ruth hit a HR with? Did your dad want a bat that Mickey Mantle hit a bomb with?? Well growing up as a little kid and even now into my adult life i have always wanted a McGwire HR bat. They exist, he was known to give them away to teamates,coaches and friends, but they never pop up for sale. Today i obtained a bat that was given to one of his teamates during his final season in 2001. His 2001 bats are already IMPOSSIBLE to find nonetheless a HR bat is just flat out rediculously impossible to obtain. I present to you, the bat of my dreams.....

Career HR # 576 , hit in Cinncinatti on August 21,2001

mac2001002.png
mac2001004.png
mac2001006.png
mac2001005.png
mac2001011.png
mac2001012.png
mac2001013.png

I would sleep with it too

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
That's it! I will call you Charlie from now on!!!

Did grandpa go with you to pick it up?????

Members online

Latest posts