Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sunday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good Sunday fella's! I've had to stray from the MT this morning, and it was a little scary at times. :shock: Yesterday's storage unit auction was a waste of time. Note to self: Call the SU prior to going to the auction and ask how many units are being sold. There was ONE unit being auctioned! Oh well, had a nice day out with my wife. :D

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
69MetsFan said:
Good Sunday fella's! I've had to stray fromthe MT this morning, and it was a little scary at times. :shock: Yesterday's storage unit auction was a waste of time. Note to self: Call the SU prior to going to the auction and ask how many units are being sold. There was ONE unit being auctioned! Oh well, had a nice day out with my wife. :D

I just ventured outside of the MT too and posted right after you, Dave, in the peaks and valleys thread. :)

Never been to a storage auction. I know a guy from work went to one, bid and won several unopened cartons. He eagerly opens them and finds.....

Approximately 1000 t-shirts commemorating a 2005 chili cookoff!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:

Whoah, is right! $1K, is that a reasonable starting bid for something like this? It's not even signed with his name, or does that increase the value? Also, I dont think Chris would notice if you put that up on your garage door and said, "Look what I bought for us, Honey!" :D

The writing is legit (in my experience of seeing his manuscripts), and even without a signature, that should get at least one bid. His signatures on checks and receipts get around $200 - $400, so I can see an actual family item like that postcard going for at least $1K.

Yeah, I should buy that, tell Chris I bought it for "us", and then take a Greyhound bus to Florida so I could move in with my "financial advisor" and his family.... :)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good morning guys!

at 10:30 even Im early this morning.. I fell asleep last night probably by 7pm and slept until about 9am this morning. Talk about being completely gassed out. not much new today.. be watching the Lakers game later on and thats probably about it. Gotta eat some breakfast still so I'll check back a bit later.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:

Whoah, is right! $1K, is that a reasonable starting bid for something like this? It's not even signed with his name, or does that increase the value? Also, I dont think Chris would notice if you put that up on your garage door and said, "Look what I bought for us, Honey!" :D

The writing is legit (in my experience of seeing his manuscripts), and even without a signature, that should get at least one bid. His signatures on checks and receipts get around $200 - $400, so I can see an actual family item like that postcard going for at least $1K.

Yeah, I should buy that, tell Chris I bought it for "us", and then take a Greyhound bus to Florida so I could move in with my "financial advisor" and his family.... :)

Trust me, it would be eerily similar here. Bulging garage, (GC)ET, under appreciated private collection of memorabilia, insane German Shepherd with the first name of Dammit, etc... :D

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Got a voicemail from the lady at the JL State Park.

She said that a couple of directors of the Jack London collections at Sonoma State and the Huntington Bollection will be at the Park Anniversary in July and that I can visit both collections, along with an individual tour!!! :eek:

Chris will be thrilled. :geek:

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:

Trust me, it would be eerily similar here. Bulging garage, (GC)ET, under appreciated private collection of memorabilia, insane German Shepherd, etc... :D

I think I have figured it out!

You and I, being on opposite coasts, are, in actuality, photographic negatives of each other!
:ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts