Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what do you think this would grade (PSA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
3nc3m03lc5V35U15R6a5mcf563bef26d31cbb.jpg
3n73k73m85Y45U45S3a5mb50c12cfce9715b6.jpg

I do not have better scans. What affect does the markings on the back have? What do you think the grades would be with the mk mark and without?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
That should be in the 3 range with no qualifiers unless it has some creases I cannot see.I would not be surprised if it got a lower grade though.That card has some great eye appeal though.
Mike

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Hey bouwob please tell me you've opened that holder and have removed that Mantle recently. My friend had Sidney Crosby Cup rookie patch auto in one of those and when he opened it it peeled a few spots of surface off, be careful!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
You could have the wax professionally removed. There are people in the hobby who offer that service.

pantyhose work from my experience

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
You could have the wax professionally removed. There are people in the hobby who offer that service.

Wouldn't that make it ungradable?

I do not own the card, but it is up on craigslist and I was wondering if it would be worth my time to make an offer.

The seller wants $250 but at a PSA 3, I would lose a lot of money on the deal.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bouwob said:
sportscardtheory said:

Wouldn't that make it ungradable?

I do not own the card, but it is up on craigslist and I was wondering if it would be worth my time to make an offer.

The seller wants $250 but at a PSA 3, I would lose a lot of money on the deal.

I'm not certain if it would pass grading if the wax was removed. I have seen that card sell pretty well even in very low grades. Maybe you can get the seller down. There is no way it will grade higher than a 2 or 3 with those wax stains though.

Members online