Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In Person Sticker Autos... SWEET!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
******* great!Apparently it is to much of a hassle to bring the actual card to the game ::facepalm:: .Coming soon:IP autograph redemptions.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
hofmichael said:
fracking great!Apparently it is to much of a hassle to bring the actual card to the game ::facepalm:: .Coming soon:IP autograph redemptions.

How is he going to pay for the game tickets and put his kids through college lugging around a book of cards? He soon will be bringing a roll of clear scotch tape for the players to sign to cut costs.

Remember when people went to games to get autographs for themselves? Now what has it become? It almost makes me embarrassed to collect autographs.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I do this all the time. You sticker the guys who don't have cards so when they eventually get cards you put the sticker on it. He probably got AJ last year before he had any cards. This is starting to become more and more common. Ive been doing this for years.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
jrinne said:
I do this all the time. You sticker the guys who don't have cards so when they eventually get cards you put the sticker on it. He probably got AJ last year before he had any cards. This is starting to become more and more common. Ive been doing this for years.
Really?Do you have any examples of ones you have done?
Mike

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
hofmichael said:
jrinne said:
Really?Do you have any examples of ones you have done?
Mike

Ill get some scanned tonight and post them for you. I agree they look silly but I think its better to have that over not having anything at all.

Joel

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I would feel terrible asking one of these guys to sign a sheet of stickers. I guess that's the difference between collectors and those looking to make a buck.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
I would feel terrible asking one of these guys to sign a sheet of stickers. I guess that's the difference between collectors and those looking to make a buck.

So everyone who does this is just looking to make a buck? Once you see a guy like Albert Pujols come and go without getting anything at all you start to feel stupid that you didnt get him on something. Here are a few example of ones that I have got.

Scan10001.png

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
jrinne said:
Fandruw25 said:

So everyone who does this is just looking to make a buck? Once you see a guy like Albert Pujols come and go without getting anything at all you start to feel stupid that you didnt get him on something. Here are a few example of ones that I have got.

Scan10001.png
were do you buy the stickers?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Pine Tar said:
I thought about using band-aids before LOL

If you had them sign on an actual band-aid, that would be sweeeet! I think Magic Papa has an auto out there like that...

All I can say for the auction is that he centered the sticker better than 90% of the Topps Sticker autos. There appears to be a couple hairs sticking out here and there, but hey.... :lol:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
jrinne said:
Fandruw25 said:

Scan10001.png
were do you buy the stickers?

Office Max or Office Depot

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Superfractor said:
Do you get any Rockies prospects? How many do the players sign? I'd love to get a hold of just sticker Autos.

Ill have to check on the rockies prospects. I usually just get 1 signed per ball player unless they are top 10, then I might get 2 or 3.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
IMO the IP sticker auto on a card looks kind of cheesy. I'm not a fan of pack-pulled sticker autos, either, but they at least design the card with the sticker in mind. Using the signed stickers for customs is a good idea, but I think the shiny sticker sticks out too much. I've always liked getting programs or ticket stubs signed, or generic team memorabilia, but that wouldn't be as good for customs. If someone was a good artist, they could get a nice drawing paper signed and then draw or paint them around the auto.

Members online