Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how did you do financially with your jumbo case rips?

what percentage did you make on your case rips?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I just finishing selling most of my cards from my 2+ cases of bowman jumbos and the results were excellent. I wanted to see how everyone else did on there's.

I got my cases for an average of $800 each.

I was able to get a good chunck of change for the inserts, and low end bottom rung bowman guys along with a few sets.

I held onto about 15 autos, have 2 strasburg autos left, a couple parallels left, and all of my chromes (sold the stras and usa's) along with the bowman cards of the top 25 players left.

With holding all of those, I am still up about 20% with my chrome/bowman lots to still be listed.

Let's here how you did....

***if you lost money, how many did you rip? Did you sell everything?

Skrip

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
broke dead even, maybe up a little if i sold all

i locked up and paid for my jumbo and hobby for 1550 a loooong time ago bc no way i'd have cracked them at the current prices

just the strasburg chromes and base, i got $500+
auto lot, another $500
2x heywards, $200
some hotter named autos, about $300

still have all the chromes as well as a few autos, taillon gold ref, rockies kid gold ref auto.

if it wasn't for stras chromes, base, ref and heyward autos, i'd have gotten killed...im still shocked at how much stras chromes sell for...

dave

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Lost... slightly over 40% return with lots left over like USA chromes and ref's... a few misc blues... and basic crap.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
If you pulled a stras auto, you're in good shape. The other difference maker is the makeup of your parallels - you need to pull a stras or bryce color, or you need to pull a top tier auto parallel to get close to even.

Therefore, it's about one every three cases you'll break even or better at $900 a jumbo.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I wish I had pre ordered a few cases of this before prices went nuts. When I tried to order the LCS wanted nearly $800 per case and I decided to look around ::facepalm::
I didnt do a full case so I just picked up 4 Jumbo boxes from my LCS @ $120 each!
I didnt sort any of my cards. I just seperated all the subsets and sold them all in lots. I would have gotten killed if I held the base cards. I still have my USA parallels and a few autos I wasnt able to move. Here is a breakdown of what I got:
250 Base chrome lot for $100 DLVD (3xStras Chrome)
300 base prospect lot for $75 (3xStras Base)
580 Base Vets Lot $40
80 RC Lot $15
48 Gold Parallel Lot $11
48 Bowman Throwback Lot $11
48 Topps 100 Prospect lot $25
24 Bowman Expectations Lot $6
32 2010 Bowman Orange /250 & Blue Parallel Lot /520 $25
12 USA chromes $15
Halladay Plate $25
Viciedo Futures Game Relic $8
Ackley Gold Auto $350

bmc398

May 25, 2009
NO matter how good or bad you did....by busting this you did exponentially better busitng this than anything else for the money.

If you had a bad case you still probably made 75% back because of how well some of just the guys in the base chrome set sell, and the fact that you probably got a few good autos.

A bad case of another product, you're probably looking at a sub 50% ROI

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
I bought 3 Jumbos and 2 Regular cases. Opened both regular cases and only 2 of the Jumbos. Paid $3495 for all the cases.

Close to $3,000 in sales after only selling 5 cards and a few insert sets.

Still not sure what Im going to do with the last Unopened Jumbo case.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I bought 3 Jumbos and 2 Regular cases. Opened both regular cases and only 2 of the Jumbos. Paid $3495 for all the cases.

That is great i am guessing you hit a colored Strats

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
jmc280zx said:

Congrats man, that's insane! As others have asked what were the 5 cards?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bmc398 said:
NO matter how good or bad you did....by busting this you did exponentially better busitng this than anything else for the money.

If you had a bad case you still probably made 75% back because of how well some of just the guys in the base chrome set sell, and the fact that you probably got a few good autos.

A bad case of another product, you're probably looking at a sub 50% ROI

This is the key imo. My cases were near crap and I still think I can make at least 80% back by selling right now. I didn't pull a prospect auto better than a refractor, and rc autos no better than a blue.

Members online

Latest posts