Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$40 more for a raw????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
This makes no sense whatsoever to me. I was kicking myself when I got home for not putting in a bid on the BGS 9.

They ended a couple hours apart. Plus the raw had $5 shipping compared to $1.25 on the BGS 9.

BGS 9
[ebay:rtv4mk3z]300428455755[/ebay:rtv4mk3z]

Raw
[ebay:rtv4mk3z]140408570853[/ebay:rtv4mk3z]

Any explanation here???

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Raw has a chance at a 9.5.

exactly, raws outsell 9's on modern issues fairly often. i understand you have a chance of pulling a 9.5 on the raw card but unless you are looking to flip it, i'd much rather have the 9 in my collection. you know what you are getting and you saved yourself the grading costs.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Halonut said:
Jeff N. said:
Raw has a chance at a 9.5.

exactly, raws outsell 9's on modern issues fairly often. i understand you have a chance of pulling a 9.5 on the raw card but unless you are looking to flip it, i'd much rather have the 9 in my collection. you know what you are getting and you saved yourself the grading costs.

Yep and raw could have damage like surface scratches and corner dings they may make it a 9 tops anyway. I'll take sure 9 slab with nice auto all day over the gamble of raw.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Could also be that the raw was sold after a couple of people saw on SportCenter that he won his 7th game last night which leads the AL..

A little national exposure never hurts the price of cards..

Latest posts