Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hype-less Now: HEYWARD/CASTRO/DAVIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
We all know how much hype surrounded these three upon thier call-up, so who is still selling strong after the hype? Heyward had an early tough spot wil the K'S but is consistent producer. His card price also took the least amount of drop as far as consistently selling price wish, even his 3rd year auto goes for more then 50 regularly. Castro stuff has dropped significantly, and i agree his being called up before his auto hit really hurt prices. Ike davis has the NY market to keep his prices afloat, vut his production pales in comparison to heyward and castro, who is still hitting .350+. Thoughts?

sportzluvr1

Jan 16, 2009
What about Boesch and Jaso? Both from the 2008 Bowman Chrome (aka worst auto checklist ever produced as far as BC is concerned) auto checklist and both are producing pretty well thus far.

-Gauge.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I see what you mean but i believe out of the 5 players named only 2 have a chance at sticking. Ike Davis cards will always stay consistent because of the market he is in. As long as he is playing in NY his cards can only go up unless he starts to bomb big time. Heyward cards still can lose some value but i believe that they will also stay around where they are. Castro if he plays well he is in a good market to have his cards stablize but the last 2 have no chance Boesch cant keep up his production.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
sportzluvr1 said:
What about Boesch and Jaso? Both from the 2008 Bowman Chrome (aka the absolute worst auto checklist ever produced as far as BC is concerned! auto checklist and both are producing pretty well thus far.

-Gauge.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
Well we saw that players can still get hyped after they enter the majors... see Evan Longoria. Also, there's always a chance a player like Castro will get demoted again at some point and then called up in September/October.

lovethatsticky

Jun 8, 2009
Castro at his prices now is a steal, I think. They'll spike back up when he puts up solid numbers throughout the whole year. Dude's not up there wiffing and getting lucky, he's only got 6 strikeouts after his first 60 at bats. Pretty impressive for your first 60 at bats against MLB pitching...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
lovethatsticky said:
Castro at his prices now is a steal, I think. They'll spike back up when he puts up solid numbers throughout the whole year. Dude's not up there wiffing and getting lucky, he's only got 6 strikeouts after his first 60 at bats. Pretty impressive for your first 60 at bats against MLB pitching...

if only he werent a cub lol

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
t3dudek said:
I see what you mean but i believe out of the 5 players named only 2 have a chance at sticking. Ike Davis cards will always stay consistent because of the market he is in. As long as he is playing in NY his cards can only go up unless he starts to bomb big time. Heyward cards still can lose some value but i believe that they will also stay around where they are. Castro if he plays well he is in a good market to have his cards stablize but the last 2 have no chance Boesch cant keep up his production.
There is no market big enough for this to be true in. Look at Boston, Youkilis RC Auto is a $20 card and he's a star. In NY (on the Yankees) Cano's only RC Auto (which is a tougher card and has no parallels) was down to $40 or so last season because he did not play like a superstar (despite a very solid season.)

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
Invest4thefuture said:
Well we saw that players can still get hyped after they enter the majors... see Evan Longoria. Also, there's always a chance a player like Castro will get demoted again at some point and then called up in September/October.

What makes you think Starlin will get demoted? You have mentioned this in multiple posts now. The kid has made a few errors early on, but has also made some crazy good plays at shortstop. As mentioned, he has only struck out six times in sixty at bats. He's also batting .350 and makes great, square contact with the ball. I'll be the first to admit I like Castro, but unless something goes completely wrong he won't be sent down and called back up later in the year.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
tedwilliamsfan said:
Invest4thefuture said:

What makes you think Starlin will get demoted? You have mentioned this in multiple posts now. The kid has made a few errors early on, but has also made some crazy good plays at shortstop. As mentioned, he has only struck out six times in sixty at bats. He's also batting .350 and makes great, square contact with the ball. I'll be the first to admit I like Castro, but unless something goes completely wrong he won't be sent down and called back up later in the year.

I don't think he'll get demoted, I'm just saying it's a possibility. I don't think he can bat like this all season and there's always a chance if he loses composure and enters a slump.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Invest4thefuture said:
tedwilliamsfan said:
Invest4thefuture said:

I don't think he'll get demoted, I'm just saying it's a possibility. I don't think he can bat like this all season and there's always a chance if he loses composure and enters a slump.

He's not getting demoted, kids a stud. His prices spiked for a second and have settled down quite a bit, but the kid can flat out ball.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
castro could very well bat .330 as a rookie. he has a mature plate presence. cubs in the race will help his cards or a few big hits. walk-offs like j-hey

Members online

Latest posts