Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is 2010 bowman jumbo really worth the plunge???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscook86

Mar 30, 2010
Coffeyville, ks
I havent bought much bowman/bowman chrome before. so im not sure whether or not the risk is worth the reward for the 2010 bowman jumbo. what do you guys think? i know the boxes are up to 160-170 on blowout now. where they were only 130 not too long ago.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
The two biggest 1/1's are still out there..... but, then again, you don't sound like an addict so maybe dangling the baggie in front of you has no effect?

Anyway, HEY JP! How's that case? You still protecting it for us?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Depends on what you pull.

If you're more interested in money and turning a little bit of money into a lot of money, it's probably not a good idea. If you're more interested in baseball cards and you're interested in turning a couple hundred bucks into some really nice rookie cards, then maybe a good idea. It's all about your expectations I suppose.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
aaron41984 said:
The two biggest 1/1's are still out there..... but, then again, you don't sound like an addict so maybe dangling the baggie in front of you has no effect?

Anyway, HEY JP! How's that case? You still protecting it for us?

Yep, still intact.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Keep in mind the people excited about their rips bought in when boxes were under $100. To get your money's worth at current prices, you need to pull a major name in a chrome parallel of gold or better, plus a good assortment of other prospects, autos, etc. and sell over time. Odds are against it, so you have to place value in the act of ripping itself.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I bought a jumbo case for just under $800 (~$100 per box) and based on completed auctions, only would have made my money back on one box where I was fortunate enough to pull a base Strasburg autograph. For $160 a jumbo box, your odds of flipping for a profit are not in your favor.

Tom

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
securedsports said:
The Jumbo Boxes IMO are overrated. In both of mine and others I have seen, only 2 autographs per box were pulled.
14 out of the 16 i opened only had 2 autos in them..

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
securedsports said:
The Jumbo Boxes IMO are overrated. In both of mine and others I have seen, only 2 autographs per box were pulled.

I think they are overrated too. It may seem like more color in jumbos but that is if it is a hot case, I have seen equally hot cases in hobby as well and with cases of hobby on ebay going for about $950 till yesterday , the hobby was a much better deal.

With that said, I was still gamblin and decided to get 4 more jumbos off ebay last night to "try" to get that Stras 1/1 auto even though odds of that happening are stacked

Members online