Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what are the chances ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
What are the chances that its Strasburg himself or family bidding on the superfractor ??? if so I think wossa may have met his match on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
rum151man said:
What are the chances that its Strasburg himself or family bidding on the superfractor ??? if so I think wossa may have met his match on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was thinking about his earlier. If I was him I'd either wait until I lived up to the hype and had millions to blow on the super, or wait until the card plummeted and pick it up for a fraction of what it is now.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
rum151man said:

Stras may be able to handle triple-A ballplayers, but he's going to have a tough time versus Keith Olbermann.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Guess it'd make sense, but why would he care so much about his own card? I talked with the guy who sold that Michael Phelps code breaker auto from 2009 Ginter a while back, and he said he wanted to list it at $10,000 BIN 'just in case' Phelps's mom wanted it.

Uhh... why would Ms. Phelps pay ten grand for her son's autograph?? Same applies here, or so I'd think. Strasburg could just sign anything he wanted for his parents (or himself) if he were so inclined.

Of course, I could also be way off base and perhaps it's somewhat common for players to crazy bidding for their own cards? Who even knows any more. It's a non-autographed card on pace to sell WELL over $10,000... the world has gone mad. :D

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
jswaykos said:
Guess it'd make sense, but why would he care so much about his own card? I talked with the guy who sold that Michael Phelps code breaker auto from 2009 Ginter a while back, and he said he wanted to list it at $10,000 BIN 'just in case' Phelps's mom wanted it.

Uhh... why would Ms. Phelps pay ten grand for her son's autograph?? Same applies here, or so I'd think. Strasburg could just sign anything he wanted for his parents (or himself) if he were so inclined.

Of course, I could also be way off base and perhaps it's somewhat common for players to crazy bidding for their own cards? Who even knows any more. It's a non-autographed card on pace to sell WELL over $10,000... the world has gone mad. :D
If you had millions and a super of you existed would you want it? It's not just and auto (like the phelps case) it's something truly rare. Paying this kind of money though probably seems a little ridiculous to him/family.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
jswaykos said:

This may seem crazy and selfish but what if he just wanted to drive the price way high just so it makes him look better or more sought after. even though in reality its just adding more pressure. just like the idiots in the nfl who hold out for large contracts and have never taken a snap aka jamarcus russell

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Tough to say what I'd do! If I personally knew everyone that appeared on the baseball cards, I'd probably be less enthused with the hobby. Or not, I don't know.

$10,000+ for a modern era card seems crazy to me. I can't wrap my head around it, no matter how much hypothetical money I'd have! Think how easily destructable this thing is... what else can you buy for TEN GRAND that you could ruin SO easily? Granted, you'd probably store this in a little more than just a penny sleeve and top loader.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I wonder if the winning bidder will just get on a plane and pick it up in person??? I would think if someone is gunna spend 10 g's+ on a piece of cardboard a plane ticket should be the least of their worries. I personally would want to pick it up in person and not deal with the hassell. so many things could go wrong with the shipment. especially if somehow people know where its coming from.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
But by flying to get (or deliver) the card, there'd be no delivery confirmation... then a claim could be filed! What a mess... sure glad I'm not the who pulled the card and has to deal with this... :?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
jswaykos said:
But by flying to get (or deliver) the card, there'd be no delivery confirmation... then a claim could be filed! What a mess... sure glad I'm not the who pulled the card and has to deal with this... :?
i WOULD JUST HAVE THEM DROP IT OFF AT THE LOCAL POST OFFICE AND HAVE THEM HOLD IT WITH DC AND SIG. AT LEAST IT WOULDNT BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE STATES OR FROM HAND TO HAND

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Strasburg already have millions? I think he can afford to drop a few grand on one of the best cards of his that will ever be made.

If I was a player, I'd be crushing people on ebay for my stuff.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
smapdi said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Strasburg already have millions? I think he can afford to drop a few grand on one of the best cards of his that will ever be made.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of 1/1s made of himself over his lifetime! Of course, that's assuming he doesn't flame out in two seasons.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
jswaykos said:
smapdi said:

I'm sure he'll have plenty of 1/1s made of himself over his lifetime! Of course, that's assuming he doesn't flame out in two seasons.

yeah but this is the 1/1>>>the first one, i would personally want it if it was me.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
how much does a good condition 52 topps mantle go for ??? between 10-15 grand right
stras is up with the big boys and hasn't even thrown a pitch in the bigs

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
rum151man said:
jswaykos said:
smapdi said:

yeah but this is the 1/1>>>the first one, i would personally want it if it was me.

everyone always wants there first homerun ball, first hit , ball from there first win ect. why not have your first big rookie card?its not like its and 87 topps rookie card its a 1/1

Members online