Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aqueous Test - 1990 Donruss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Aren't these supposed to be glossy in addition to the notation on the back?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
IIRC same as 1990 Donruss on front, gloss etc. But yeah there's a notation on the back as well as missing period.

edit to add- There was a website selling fakes few years back. His stamped notation had the wrong font.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
can anyone post side by side pics? Im going through old stuff currently and it would really help to know if I have any of these.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
MartinFFcollector said:
IIRC same as 1990 Donruss on front, gloss etc. But yeah there's a notation on the back as well as missing period.

edit to add- There was a website selling fakes few years back. His stamped notation had the wrong font.

Missing period on the copyright line?

I looked at mine with a loupe and the ink matches so I'm inclined to assume it's real.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
theplasticman said:
MartinFFcollector said:

Missing period on the copyright line?

I looked at mine with a loupe and the ink matches so I'm inclined to assume it's real.

LEAF INC. is missing the dot. BUT there was a variation in regular Donruss like this...so at least one guy took advantage of this and stamped some.

I dont have any pics of regular 1990 Donruss. Here's a few pics of the ones I used to own.

gwynnaqueousPSA5B.png

PaulMolitorPSA6AqueousB.png

Dodgersandfair145.png

aqueouslglot007-1.png

Here's a FAKE Aqueous

fakeaqueous.png

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the help and pics. Looks like I've got the real deal.

The seller sent is postage due :benson: I'm surprised more sellers don't get caught under declaring the real weights on their shipments. Probably 1 in 3 packages I get from sellers who use Paypal shipping are not paying for the legit amount of weight. :x

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Fantastic pickup, Josh! I paid a mint for mine about two years ago...

(I need to rescan this, I think...)

DonrussAqueous.jpg

Members online