Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice hypocrisy, Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't they whine and try to get last week's Boston game overturned because they thought Beckett faked his injury to give the reliever more time to warm up?

Then tonight Mauer grounds in to a double play, not giving Rivera time to warm up...so Girardi buys time by picking his nose, scratching his nuts and probably going in to the locker to beat off. Oh and then he goes out to talk to Pettitte to buy more time then immediately pulls him.

And people wonder why everyone hates this ****** organization

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Hey, if you're a New Yorker and love the Yankees all the power too you.

I have serious issues with people who cheer for the Yankees because they win... all the time. It seems like my generation grew up cheering for them and you see Yankees hats in the weirdest places. Everyone loves a winner but c'mon man.

The Yankees symbolize that kid in highschool that just wore Duke, Yankees, and Wolverines garb yet knew nothing about sports.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Really? Pettitte faked injury? That's what the complaint was about. He thought that Beckett faked his injury, and Delcarmen(?) got an unlimited warm-up time because of it.

EVERY team does what Girardi did tonight. Mariano got more time in the bullpen, but it was limited.

But, of course, it was the Yankees, so what they did was evil.

Also, pigskincardboard, I take a little offense with your remark, as I'm NY born and raised, and a Michigan alum. ;)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
pigskincardboard said:
Hey, if you're a New Yorker and love the Yankees all the power too you.

I have serious issues with people who cheer for the Yankees because they win... all the time. It seems like my generation grew up cheering for them and you see Yankees hats in the weirdest places. Everyone loves a winner but c'mon man.

The Yankees symbolize that kid in highschool that just wore Duke, Yankees, and Wolverines garb yet knew nothing about sports.

+ Notre Dame

+ Duke

+UNC

+Dallas Cowboys

ETC

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Pills said:
Really? Pettitte faked injury? That's what the complaint was about. He thought that Beckett faked his injury, and Delcarmen(?) got an unlimited warm-up time because of it.

EVERY team does what Girardi did tonight. Mariano got more time in the bullpen, but it was limited.

Also, pigskincardboard, I take a little offense with your remark, as I'm NY born and raised, and a Michigan alum. ;)

Thanked. What was described is a borderline skill that can be controlled at the discretion on the umpire.

What they accuse the Red Sox of doing (IF it was intentional) is just wrong as the reliever, as noted, gets all the time he needs to warm up.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Pills said:
Really? Pettitte faked injury? That's what the complaint was about. He thought that Beckett faked his injury, and Delcarmen(?) got an unlimited warm-up time because of it

Beckett went on the 15 day DL the next day. Guess he faked his injury a bit too well.

I forgot talking to Yankees fans is like dealing with special needs children.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Pills said:

Were you a Tyrone Wheatley, Tim Biakabutuka, Anthony Thomas or Chris Perry guy?

I just remember those sorta V patterened starter jackets:

Michigan-thumb-572xauto-50437.jpg

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
JoshHamilton said:
Pills said:
Really? Pettitte faked injury? That's what the complaint was about. He thought that Beckett faked his injury, and Delcarmen(?) got an unlimited warm-up time because of it

Beckett went on the 15 day DL the next day. Guess he faked his injury a bit too well.

::facepalm::

OK, if you say so.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
JoshHamilton said:
Pills said:

Every single team out there has done what the Yankees did tonight. Who is the one whining right now?? I believe it is you.

get over yourself

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Pills said:

GO BLUE!!

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
JoshHamilton said:
aminors said:
Haters gonna hate.

Ant

It's a valid question, you idiot.

They complained about something then did the EXACT same thing

Oh ok, so I'M the idiot, making absolutely retarded blanket statements like "everyone hates this ****** organization" that are, might I add, complete fallacies.

Ant

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Pills said:

The key word is "thought". Really, thinking is something you should do before you type.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
He makes these topics for attention and so he can call people names. Keep in mind he is an ex coke head and its that much funnier to laugh at.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
JoshHamilton said:
aminors said:
Haters gonna hate.

Ant

It's a valid question, you idiot.

They complained about something then did the EXACT same thing

Oh ok, so I'M the idiot, making absolutely retarded blanket statements like "everyone hates this ****** organization" that are, might I add, complete fallacies.

Ant

Anthony,

Don't worry too much about the OP. I feel as though you summed it up perfecty. Clearly, he was looking for a reason to hate on the Yankees because...wait for it....he hates the Yankees.

I don't like the Yankees, but you won't find me bitching when they do the same thing any other teams does in that situation.

Regards,

Adam

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Pills said:

Seriously Gilmore can you ban this tool yet? I'm so sick of him. All he has to do is insult other members. He constantly condescends anyone who doesn't agree with him (well, actually anyone at all). I thought the number one rule is "don't be a dick?" I think JoshHamilton is the definition of a dick.

Members online

Latest posts