Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donavan Tate Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Seiya said:
I know some of you guys are investing in this cat, and news hit the radio earlier today. He injured his thumb yesterday, and he will NOT be ready to join any team when Extended spring training ends in June. Probably out until July.
::facepalm:: this guy is failing before he is on the field lol o well let the prices drop some more

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present......MR. GLASS.
Hate to admit it, but man does it look like it. Really weird given his football background as well - he basically went injury-free for four years playing two sports at a pretty high level (slight injury last winter, but nothing significant).

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
I was really excited him play in june now this news breaks out. Man is his career taking a bad path already the padres jinx i swear.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Health problems on the farm

The Padres are dealing with another injury problem in their farm system again, involving last year’s first round draft pick Donovan Tate. He was knocked out of action injuring a thumb in a base running incident during an intrasquad game in Arizona on Tuesday. Tate, who is in extended spring training because of injury issues, was to have an MRI exam to determine the extent of damage. The Padres had yet to receive an update on his thumb injury prior to the game with St. Louis.

It was the fifth setback for the Georgia high school star since he signed a $6.5 million bonus contract last August, after being the first pick by the Padres in the June draft last summer..

Tate, the son of former Tampa Bay Bucs running back Lars Tate, never got to play in the Arizona Fall League last year because he needed surgery for a fracture in his pelvic area. He then suffered a broken cheekbone while at home in the off season in an ATV off road accident. He bruised a shoulder diving for a ball the first week of spring training camp, and just three weeks ago was knocked out of action after getting beaned.

Padres sources told SDNN that when the Padres break camp with their young players, and the Class A-short summer leagues and rookie leagues begin the first week of June, Tate may have to remain in Arizona to do continued rehab.

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-05-26 ... z0p5sutDZl

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
stevezimmer22 said:
wow, look at my two investments.

I drafted both guys in my Strat-O-Matic league this year, so I feel your pain. I think the Westmoreland news broke about four days after I drafted him with the #4 overall pick.

Obviously, their injuries mean a lot more to them than they do to us, so let's hope they recover quickly...

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
some of his injuries are freak acidents. Getting beaned by the ball an getting injured is hard to blame yourself for.

tedc2379

May 19, 2010
San Diego
Why couldn't the Padres have lost those 3 games to the Nationals at the end of the 2008 season? Strasburg and Latos could have been dominating the league for the next 10+ years. Instead, we get this guy who looks like he is following in the footsteps of Ryan Leaf and Matt Bush. Except this time it's injuries more than attitude.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
is it confirmed he will miss Eugene? What I read is they just had to see the MRI see if he was any significant damage?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
t3dudek said:
some of his injuries are freak acidents. Getting beaned by the ball an getting injured is hard to blame yourself for.

The pelvic fracture is the only injury that really concerns me. The others are mostly bad luck.

Not to say that this won't slow his development, but none of these is like an arm/elbow injury on a pitching prospect.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
DaProspectKid said:
I hate to bump but this but anyone know if the thumb injury is serious enough where he will miss the Eugene?
Knowing the Padres he will not join Eugene they probably won't send him to the AFL either.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Crazy how this guy's year has gone since being drafted. Aside from the injuries, I don't like him as a prospect. I don't know too much about him, but from watching a video of his swing, it just doesn't look like it will ever produce much power. Doesn't get good enough extension. Unless they change his swing, I just don't see him as anything more than a 15 homer guy.

Latest posts