Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

our own lkk116 is a celebrity :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Im getting sick of new Strasburg threads but i just recorded this off my local news. Sorry for the crappy video

[youtube:341fzrm9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2365g5N0H2A[/youtube:341fzrm9]

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Thanks for sharing. Think it's a coincidence that the card was pulled so close to Washington?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
What a gaudy banner he is standing in front of ::facepalm::

J/K. But seriously, great for him. Hope it ends over 20+k. Good to see our hobby and message board getting some notoriety!

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
Guys I was sweating my ass off, NO ac at the warehouse for blowout and today it was hot as hell and humidity like you would not believe. Blowout did give me a free box of Jumbos to bust on camera which was great! Autos werent that great but hey a free box is a free box

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the link.

Awesome story, and good to see someone cover the story who actually cares to understand what a superfractor is. But that was just cool, the publicity this is getting could make the sale price pretty nuts.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
my webcam couldnt get a good shot at my tv because its so far away so i pulled up the live feed online and recorded it from there. im sure fox news DC will have a better copy of the story up by tomorrow.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
ballcardzdotcom said:
Wait a second...does he have the Bryce Harper super as well?

nah they messed it up, i had told them there is a bryce harper superfractor somewhere still out there and that card could maybe even go for more than the strasburg

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I think you presented yourself very well. I always find it weird/awkward talking to people about cards who don't really know anything about the hobby. One of the reasons I like message boards (and especially this one) is that I know I'm interacting with people who understand the hobby like I do. You seemed like a normal guy with some common sense - your quote at the end sums the Strasburg craze up perfectly for me. People win more money than this on scratch-offs every day, and it's not headline news. We just have our own type of gambling, and you hit one of our jackpots. Nothing bad could have come of this for the hobby, but I think they way you've been open to the media has definitely been a plus. Congrats on the pull and good job on the interview.

I didn't even notice you sweating in the video. It is hot in Baltimore and I was just sharing what was on my mind.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
lkk116 said:
ballcardzdotcom said:

nah they messed it up, i had told them there is a bryce harper superfractor somewhere still out there and that card could maybe even go for more than the strasburg

I think you might have a horse shoe up your ass if you had the Harper Super too

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
brianga26 said:
lkk116 said:
ballcardzdotcom said:

In theory, right now he has just as good a chance as anyone else of pulling it. Would have been nice if it had come out of that box at Blowout!

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
brianga26 said:
lkk116 said:
ballcardzdotcom said:

i got 4 jumbo boxes sitting in the trunk waiting to be busted, if there is a harper super or stras red auto in there i may be the most hated guy in cards lol

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
mudflap02 said:
brianga26 said:
lkk116 said:
ballcardzdotcom said:

In theory, right now he has just as good a chance as anyone else of pulling it. Would have been nice if it had come out of that box at Blowout!

I have 2 packs coming my way soon, hopefully I can pull a Willy Wonka and get it :)

Members online

Latest posts