Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

list of sick cards from cheap wax era

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
been wondering how many and from what sets..

for example the 92 UD has the Williams auto, Donruss aqueous test , and I think there was a super rare George Bush card from a Topps product? and the sick score triple auto.

if you have a good list Id like to see it :)

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:

for example the 92 UD has the Williams auto, Donruss aqueous test , and I think there was a super rare George Bush card from a Topps product? and the sick score triple auto.

mantle/griffey auto 94 ud
mantle/musial/yaz triple auto in score
and the williams you mentioned above in 92
teddy.png

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
The 90 Aqueous Test weren't available in packs from what I can recall. The George Bush was not supposed to be available in packs, but a few slipped out (I wouldn't go busting cases of 90 Topps trying to find one). The 1994 UD Griffey / Mantle card was a redemption if I remember correctly. The best ones I can think of would be the Score DiMaggio and Mantle cards, the Ted Williams 1992 Upper Deck Autographed card, the Score Franchise cards, and the old Donruss Elite autographed cards (still have a soft spot for them).

donrusscrusademan said:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rehmus said:
Great thread. Makes me want to go out and buy some 92 UD.

Anything decent in any 91 product? It would soften the blow of failing to find good stuff if I pull a few Chipper rookies.
91 UD has Chipper rookies.

1991 UD also had Hank Aaron autos in low series, and Nolan Ryan autos in the high series.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
rehmus said:

Anything decent in any 91 product? It would soften the blow of failing to find good stuff if I pull a few Chipper rookies.

Ive busted about 9 boxes without a win, its super fun but make sure you have a plan for the 12 pounds of crap. :lol:

the other fun thing about that is theres a non-autod version of the same card so your heart will skip a beat every 6 packs or so. :)

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
i pulled a will clark auto from a very cheap product around 1994. i dont have the auto anymore an cant think of the product it came from. Maybe Donruss i have some more packs sitting around somewhere.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Are we talking about stuff that was actually issued in packs or just rare stuff from the 90's? If the latter, can also add 1990 Donruss Blue/White Test and 1992 Donruss Diamond King Supers

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:
rehmus said:

Ive busted about 9 boxes without a win, its super fun but make sure you have a plan for the 12 pounds of crap. :lol:

the other fun thing about that is theres a non-autod version of the same card so youre heart will skip a beat every 6 packs or so. :)

That's too funny because I remember busting those boxes at the time and that very thing happening. Thanks for bringing back funny memories!