Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SOME EBAY SELLERS SUCK SOME TIMES :(...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
Bought 2 autos with BIN didnt see they where from same seller, charged $2.00 shipping per card.. well that was my bad for not paying attention that is was same seller . What gets me the person sends both cards in a half used bubble mailer and stuff both chrome autos in the same penny sleeve and same top loader :evil: :evil: :evil: ...$4.00 :evil:

makes me not want to buy from ebay some times

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Did you ask the seller if he would combine shipping since you won two items?

no ::facepalm:: , and that was my bad...what gets me the most is same sleeve and same top holder...and they wernt $5 autos...:(...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
CISCOKID23 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Did you ask the seller if he would combine shipping since you won two items?

no ::facepalm:: , and that was my bad...what gets me the most is same sleeve and same top holder...and they wernt $5 autos...:(...

Yeah you probably should have messaged him about it although I still think it's crummy of the seller to charge you for shipping twice and then send in the same envelope. Hypothetically, if you pay for shipping twice, the cards should be in two separate mailers. Obviously he realized you had won both items so he probably should have refunded you part of your shipping. I guess honesty isn't part of his business?

And if he has no combined shipping policy (so you have to pay full price no matter how many items you win), then he shouldn't be sending in the same mailer. If this is the case, make sure you leave appropriate feedback.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
CISCOKID23 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2d8g8uqh]Did you ask the seller if he would combine shipping since you won two items?

Yeah you probably should have messaged him about it although I still think it's crummy of the seller to charge you for shipping twice and then send in the same envelope. Hypothetically, if you pay for shipping twice, the cards should be in two separate mailers. Obviously he realized you had won both items so he probably should have refunded you part of your shipping. I guess honesty isn't part of his business?

And if he has no combined shipping policy (so you have to pay full price no matter how many items you win), then he shouldn't be sending in the same mailer. If this is the case, make sure you leave appropriate feedback.[/quote:2d8g8uqh]

AGAIN MAIN REASON WHY I DO A LOT OF SHOPPING ON C.O.M.C....SHIPPING KILLS YA AND STARTS TO BUILD UP...OH WELL LEASON LEARNED...

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
If you were to do a charge back, wouldn't the seller need 2 delivery confirmation numbers as he has 2 payments collected and only 1 envelope shipped? You can say you didn't receive one of the cards and he has proof of 1 (unless he didn't use DC at all)

Thats how buyers can get back at sellers who use pwe, If you are not happy, just do a charge back..

I send everything out with DC ever since the same guy bought items from me and I didnt use DC at the time (years ago) and had to refund him on 2 different cards and this was 2-3 months apart, Thats when I learned about the DC rule.... So everything I cannot replace goes in a bubble mailer with DC

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Russ S. said:
cgilmo said:
are the cards damaged?
Who cares.
If they are single card toploaders, shame on the seller.

Neg the schmuck for being a cheap ass and crummy seller.

it's very relevant in that you shouldn't charge back as people are suggesting if there is no damage done to the cards. The cards would in fact be as described.

YES, it's crummy that they were shipped poorly, but if they get there fine then it's transaction complete.

Reflect your shipping concerns with DSR's that is what they are there for.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cgilmo said:
Russ S. said:
cgilmo said:
are the cards damaged?
Who cares.

it's very relevant in that you shouldn't charge back as people are suggesting if there is no damage done to the cards. The cards would in fact be as described.

YES, it's crummy that they were shipped poorly, but if they get there fine then it's transaction complete.

Yeah don't be an a-hole and neg somebody for something that had little bearing on the final outcome. I know there's always the "well...WHAT IF they were damaged..." stance, but they weren't so ding his DSRs and move along.

Thats my biggest pet peeve about eBay right now, that NEgs can be dropped for things that had no bearing on the outcome of the transaction. Ding some DSRs and move along...

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:
Russ S. said:
cgilmo said:
are the cards damaged?
Who cares.

Yeah don't be an a-hole and neg somebody for something that had little bearing on the final outcome. I know there's always the "well...WHAT IF they were damaged..." stance, but they weren't so ding his DSRs and move along.

Thats my biggest pet peeve about eBay right now, that NEgs can be dropped for things that had no bearing on the outcome of the transaction. Ding some DSRs and move along...
So I can be selling 3 Blue Refractor Autos.
Buyer buys all 3.
I still charge $3 for each card.
So i get $9 for shipping.
I place all 3 cards into the same toploader and ship in the same PWE and it only costs me $0.86 to ship.
Cards leave me in perfect condition.
Buyer then damages the cards trying to remove them.
Do I not deserve the negative?

Hold these jokers reliable.
That is just plain sad!

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Russ S. said:
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Russ S.":19vugveo]
cgilmo said:
are the cards damaged?
Who cares.

So I can be selling 3 Blue Refractor Autos.
Buyer buys all 3.
I still charge $3 for each card.
So i get $9 for shipping.
I place all 3 cards into the same toploader and ship in the same PWE and it only costs me $0.86 to ship.
Cards leave me in perfect condition.
Buyer then damages the cards trying to remove them.
Do I not deserve the negative?

Hold these jokers reliable.
That is just plain sad![/quote:19vugveo]
Id say yes...He paid $9...you can't send in 3 different toploads? Those 3 had to be in there pretty tight.

Some simple foresight could have avoided the issue. A lot of eBay is being smart enough to cover your own ass. I mean, I asked a buyer to pay promptly, got negged and eBay didn't do a thing about it. Could only feel like they would side with the buyer in your situation.

So is it your fault the cards are damaged? NO...and you know that. Does eBay care? No...and you should know that as well. I ship so that my cards are protected and easy to remove at final destination.

in these threads i have seen several people bring up comc as an alternative. yet when i check out on a multiple purchase the shipping cost is usually larger than most on ebay. i had a $17 shipping and handling fee when i purchased all the cards from the same seller. am i doing something wrong?

Members online