Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your NL rookie of the year race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
Could be the best ever...

Heyward, Garcia and Leake

I got my money on Garcia right now being a Cards guy...dudes era is under 1.5 and has a 4-2 record lol

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
lordsepic said:

I got my money on Garcia right now being a Cards guy...dudes era is under 1.5 and has a 4-2 record lol

As a Cards guy, how you can you forget Freese?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
you beat me by about 5 seconds

bradical said:
lordsepic said:

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Freese, Garcia, and Leake have all been impressive, but Heyward has been otherworldly. Even as a Cards fan, I'd have to give it to him at this point. I fully expect him to win it.

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
This will be an exciting race till seasons end. As a Cubs fan I'm hoping Starlin Castro can keep playing well so he can join the race.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
you have to throw ike davis in there.

I think Ike will put it very solid numbers year in an year out. He could very well end up being the best player out of this years rookies but prob wont win ROY award.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
bradical said:
lordsepic said:

Freese has been amazing...but not on the level of these 3... if this year Freese was around last year we would have won it over Coughlin

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
Codasco07 said:
Freese, Garcia, and Leake have all been impressive, but Heyward has been otherworldly. Even as a Cards fan, I'd have to give it to him at this point. I fully expect him to win it.

otherwordly as in a the 2nd best era's in all of baseball... I will say though Heyward has been as clutch as they come... Leake is more impressive to me because he never played minor league ball

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
It's sorta weird to me that people will vote Tim Lincecum 28th in the MVP race (or something absurd) but have no problem recommending pitchers (closers, even!) for the Rookie of the Year.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Heyward will take home that trophy (assuming good health).

He's also hit the furthest homer in the bigs thus far according to hittracker.

ball-out.

natsprospects26

Oct 6, 2008
Dulles, VA
pigskincardboard said:
It's sorta weird to me that people will vote Tim Lincecum 28th in the MVP race (or something absurd) but have no problem recommending pitchers (closers, even!) for the Rookie of the Year.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Heyward will take home that trophy (assuming good health).

ball-out.

There's a Cy young and an MVP for all major leaguers, while there's just the Rookie of the Year Award for rookies(pitchers included). There's your answer....

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
t3dudek said:
you have to throw ike davis in there.

I think Ike will put it very solid numbers year in an year out. He could very well end up being the best player out of this years rookies but prob wont win ROY award.

There is a ZERO % chance the he becomes the best player in this rookie class. I think at best you are looking at Adam Laroche type numbers, and more likely Lyle Overbay, 20 HR 80 RBI per year. Obviously this is just my opinion.

skrip

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pigskincardboard said:

ball-out.
seriously, I agree. Pitchers (not just lincecum) deserves more recognition in the MVP voting.

Members online

Latest posts