Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 5/28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Singleton ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: He should have been on this list without blinking. BA missed the guy who hit .467 in his last 10 games, and oh yeah they forgot Brandon Laird to. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: Decent list.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
"By the end of next week, we could see Stanton become the most anticipated Marlins' promotion since Miguel Cabrera jumped to the big leagues as a 20-year-old in 2003"

As long as Strasburg or Stanton is redemption #5, I'm happy. :cool:

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
How on earth did Nolan Arenado miss the Hot Sheet? The 19 yr old hit .429, 2(2B), 3B, HR, 10RBI, 4BB, 4K, on the week in his Sally League Debut

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
cgilmo said:
I just think some people pay way too much attention to minor league stats. They are very misleading indicators sometimes.

Yes, but I know the difference between a Hessman and a real prospect who is destroying the ball. Quoting Hessman was misleading.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think Singleton needs more time in A-ball before he gets the nod. Right now, he is a beast, so let's see what next week brings. If he continues his pace next week, he'll be top-5.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
cgilmo said:
jbone17 said:
cgilmo said:
I just think some people pay way too much attention to minor league stats. They are very misleading indicators sometimes.

Yes, but I know the difference between a Hessman and a real prospect who is destroying the ball. Quoting Hessman was misleading.

So you are calling Rizzoti a real prospect?

Not at all. He is still 24 which is boarder line, but he is not someone of Stanton's status. He is still a prospect though. Am I wrong?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
PeteD said:
Don't understand the knock on Decker after just 12 games.

He'll rake once the hammy loosens up and heals.

They can only judge past performance. If he rakes next week, they'll acknowledge it.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Jaypers said:
PeteD said:
Don't understand the knock on Decker after just 12 games.

He'll rake once the hammy loosens up and heals.

They can only judge past performance. If he rakes next week, they'll acknowledge it.

Jaff is coming off a hammy injury but the 18-19ks in 12 games concerns me a bit. Last night he did he his first multi hit game of the year. Hopefully he can turn it around.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
cgilmo said:
and not a single mention of old guys in philly uniforms

::facepalm::

Hey now, no need to be disrespcting Matt.

I've known him since the Summer of 05. NECBL. Seen him play in Vermont, Cape Cod, College, and in Single A. I have kept in touch with him. Will be seeing him again June 28 in New Hampshire.

He's about the nicest player you will ever meet. Period. He won the sportsmanship award in the NECBL.

He had a MONSTER week. I don't see how it is possible that he missed the hot list.

Hopefully he keeps this up and shows that he is a true hitter. I really want him to suceed.