Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How is the Toronto Blue Jays Farm System?

What prospect is the best in the Jays system?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I heard we have some really nice prospects down there, just wondering what one's you think will turn out good and when.

I have heard these one's:

J.P. Arencibia
Travis Snider
Kevin Ahrens
Justin Jackson
John Tolisano
David Cooper
Brett Cecil

I hear great things about Arencibia, has like 100 RBI and the year is not over in the minors yet, as a catcher too!

Thanks guys!. :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think Kevin Ahrens will be good.Switch hitter and pretty polished too.Snider and Arencibia are both guys I would also take a good deal of stock in.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Daveyou- I have never heard of him, Is he good?

Soccerman- Yeah he is pretty high priced to buy, I have been stocking up on Arencibia.

Jaypers- Ya I just picked a Brett Cecil first year blue refractor from 08 Bowman Chrome for $7 DLVD. :)

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
daveyou- saw you were a big fan of Ichiro, my brother has a SICK! patch of him from triple threads. If interested I can get him to PM you.

Thanks. :)

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
shephech said:
Daveyou- I have never heard of him, Is he good?

Soccerman- Yeah he is pretty high priced to buy, I have been stocking up on Arencibia.

Jaypers- Ya I just picked a Brett Cecil first year blue refractor from 08 Bowman Chrome for $7 DLVD. :)

Was that the terribly OC one?

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
I have seen every one of the players you mentioned play at least once apart from Arencibia. Snider is a clear #1, followed by Arencibia, Cecil, Cooper, and then Ahrens.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
The 2006 and 2007 drafts have been quite productive, especially when you compare it to 2005 when they passed on Tulowitzki for Ricky Romero. Did they get anyone good in the 2008 draft? I haven't really done much research on that draft besides the top 10 picks or so, plus the Mets draftees.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
reyes7castillo1 said:
The 2006 and 2007 drafts have been quite productive, especially when you compare it to 2005 when they passed on Tulowitzki for Ricky Romero. Did they get anyone good in the 2008 draft? I haven't really done much research on that draft besides the top 10 picks or so, plus the Mets draftees.
Yea, their first round pick, David Cooper, is already in high A.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Ya, I have not really heard of Mills before... seen his numbers and very nice!

Cecil's numbers don't seem all that great though... but man I am so excited about J.P. Arencibia!

Cooper seems to be doing well also.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
shephech said:
Ya, I have not really heard of Mills before... seen his numbers and very nice!

Cecil's numbers don't seem all that great though... but man I am so excited about J.P. Arencibia!

Cooper seems to be doing well also.

Cecil has probably been the most impressive prospect in the entire system this year, bar-none. Going from being a college closer to reaching AAA as a SP in your first year of pro ball (at the age of 22 no less) is astounding, and he is even starting to figure out AAA (last 2 starts, 0 ER). Cecil's numbers are absolutely fantastic (.221 BAA, 124/37 SO/BB, 2.70 ERA, 6 HR/113IP), especially for such a young kid playing against older competition.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Ya I heard my local announcers talking about Campbell, they said he made the All Star team and will be the first New Zealand born player to make the MLB (if he does) I thought wow that is kinda surprising.

Latest posts