Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indy 500 - celebrities IP 5/29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Lots of celebrities in town this weekend for the 500. Was downtown in front of a hotel from 8:45ish AM to 5:30 PM today. All are on 8x10 blanks except the Kardashian due to my adorama order being screwed up. here's the haul:
Ron Pearlman 1/1, 1/1 - scary looking fellow
Nathan Fillion 1/1 - actor on the TV show "Castle"
Tim Daly 1/1 - actor on the show "Wings"
Bobby Rahall 1/1
Roger Penske 1/1
Eric Close 1/1 w/ personalization and "Indiana Rocks!" - actor on the show "Without a Trace" and obviously not from Indiana
Amaury Nolasco 1/ - actor on "Prison Break"
Mario Lopez 0/1 - signed on the strip of folder below my blank that holds it. me: "would you mind signing on the paper" him: "oh, sorry i screwed up". then he proceeded to run inside. sucks that the only graph he signed at the time was that
Robin Roberts 1/1 w/ personalization to my mom
Now for the better stuff:
Ozzie Newsome 1/1 w/ "HOF 99" - didn't acknowledge you unless it was a football-related question
Dan Hampton 1/1 w/ "HOF 2002"
Anthony Munoz 1/1 w/ "HOF 98"
Kim Kardashian 1/2 - one-per because she was being mobbed. on a side note, I didn't realize how short she is. still hot tho.
Lynn Swann 1/1 w/ "Victory!" - absolutely shocked he signed. blank items only (not Steelers 8x10s, but signed 8x10 blanks. that makes sense.)
David Letterman 1/1 - probably my favorite all-time graph. awesome guy.
Mark Wahlberg 1/1 - one per because he was in a hurry. used his own black sharpie.

Denials
Kourtney Kardashian - "im with the baby".
Bruce Jenner - no blanks
Kourtney's husband, Scott - totally ignored me. really?
Ndamukong Suh - said no three different times. just as bad as he was at the combine

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
WOW, VERY NICE!

You should have touched Kim's butt. Seriously.

I hear Lynn Swann is usually a hard auto to get, so congrats on that one for sure.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Seiya said:
Ron Perlman? NICEEEE. That dude is badass in SOA.
his head was ginormous. he also reminded me of brian griffin for some reason, but that's not really relevant

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
imac220 said:
When you say 8x10 blanks, what are they? Just plain paper that is 8x10?
I was wondering this too. Do you print a picture on afterwards or something?

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Blanks are just blank 8x10 photo paper that I get signed and then print the picture over the signature. Looks just like a regular 8x10 does signed, but it's a lot more cost-effective.

Yes, I met the dead robin roberts

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
tikitomoka said:
Denials
Ndamukong Suh - said no three different times. just as bad as he was at the combine

This doesnt surprise me at all. I have a feeling the only time Suh will ever sign is when he gets paid. I live in Nebraska and he did a public signing at a local mall store. Not even drafted yet and it was 40 bucks a signature. No pictures, no handshakes, no personalizations. I passed on going due to the price and the rules, but its not worth it if you cant even enjoy seeing an athlete.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
yankees23657 said:
tikitomoka said:
Denials

This doesnt surprise me at all. I have a feeling the only time Suh will ever sign is when he gets paid. I live in Nebraska and he did a public signing at a local mall store. Not even drafted yet and it was 40 bucks a signature. No pictures, no handshakes, no personalizations. I passed on going due to the price and the rules, but its not worth it if you cant even enjoy seeing an athlete.
I agree. The graphers from detroit that I was hanging around with said he signed the first two days he was in detroit and hasn't signed since

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
tikitomoka said:
yankees23657 said:
tikitomoka said:
Denials

I agree. The graphers from detroit that I was hanging around with said he signed the first two days he was in detroit and hasn't signed since

If I had the money I probably would have gone lol...

I go to two public signing events every year (might start going to a third) and the guys are always friendly, I stood in line for Bert Blyleven for over an hour, but when you paid your 20 bucks, you got an autograph, a handshake, and a decent conversation.

I really like the college guys (although I look stupid asking them for autographs) because they are happy to do it... I asked our Senior catcher for his autograph (I found a window of time after the game where he wasn;t busy) I was standing there, he asked me if I wanted him to sign it, and I said yes. Then he handed it back and said "Thanks"

Odd but cool

Members online

No members online now.