Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OMG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Griffey collectors are flat out nuts.

One thing I never understood anyone under 25 being a fan of Griffey. It's a lot easier to get someone who remembers what it was like in 1989 when he hit, but for him to be pulling up lame for close to the last 10 years, it's really bizarre to see young fans.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:

One thing I never understood anyone under 25 being a fan of Griffey. It's a lot easier to get someone who remembers what it was like in 1989 when he hit, but for him to be pulling up lame for close to the last 10 years, it's really bizarre to see young fans.

Slightly OT, but I've always felt this way about Mickey Mantle. I know that he's popular to a bunch of the baby boomers who watched him play, but I have no idea how he keeps getting younger and younger fans. Come to think of it, there are many similarities between Griffey and Mantle in both baseball and the card hobby.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I was born in 1989. His best years were in the mid to late 90s. He is the first player I remember being excited to watch as a kid.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Griffey was the first rookie i bought...i bought the donruss for about $30 if I recall...and my next rookie was canseco and I thought I got a great deal for $40!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Well, I did a deal off ebay for mine a dual and patches weren't quite as nice, but accepted $600 from a buyer in australia....
DANG - It cost $86 to ship to Australia ...ouch, i had no idea when I said I would include shipping....figured $20-$30 max.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
hofautos said:
Well, I did a deal off ebay for mine a dual and patches weren't quite as nice, but accepted $600 from a buyer in australia....
DANG - It cost $86 to ship to Australia ...ouch, i had no idea when I said I would include shipping....figured $20-$30 max.

I saw that ended the other day and posted it as I have this one and paid wayyyyyyy less..

griffey-p-au.png

I wonder how much I would get for this one?

griffey-dual-patch02.png

or should I sell this one?

griffey-dual.png

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Yea, I think the going rate was $200-$300. I actually paid more for my dual than the triples...i liked the design and patches more, and I think i paid a little less than $300. For the most part it was just 2 buyers fighting for it past $200..most everyone dropped of the bidding on that one that sold for $8xx, so I was still happy to get $600 for mine.

!BuZjtqQCGk~$(KGrHqUOKisEvPFRJWzmBM!Jtufr2w~~_12.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
hofautos said:
Yea, I think the going rate was $200-$300. I actually paid more for my dual than the triples...i liked the design and patches more, and I think i paid a little less than $300. For the most part it was just 2 buyers fighting for it past $200..most everyone dropped of the bidding on that one that sold for $8xx, so I was still happy to get $600 for mine.

Nice looking card as well..

At least we know where a few of them are.. I wonder if MagicP or any of the other Griffey heavy's got any of these?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Wasn't Griffey's jersey # 3 for a while? That could explain why the first one went for so much.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Pinbreaker said:
hofautos said:

Nice looking card as well..

At least we know where a few of them are.. I wonder if MagicP or any of the other Griffey heavy's got any of these?

Not that I'm a HEAVY by any meaning of the word, but I dont have one. Too expensive now, and I missed the boat when they first came out because I figured after the main people got theirs, i would be able to get one cheaper. We see how that worked out....

Members online