Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A base Bowman Strasburg auto has eclipsed $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Wow, that's insane. Anyone able to look up the latest blue autos of his? I'm on my phone and completed listings don't work real well for whatever reason

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No shock at this point.

What is shocking to me is how the hype-train continues every day...truly unparalleled in my memory.

Now I'm more excited to get in the BGS 9.5 this coming week than I was Friday when I found out the grade.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Whats interesting is seeing who is bidding these up. Below is the winning bidder's recent transactions, this bidder rose the price $100:

Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other Classic Car Parts
Sporting Goods > Bike Parts
Pottery & Glass > Glassware
Collectibles > Arcade
Jewelry & Watches > Pocket Watches
eBay Motors > Motorcycle Parts
Dolls & Bears > By Brand, Company, Character
Art > Prints
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men's Shoes
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men's Shoes
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Pants
Antiques > Japan
eBay Motors > Vintage Car & Truck Parts
Entertainment Memorabilia > Rock & Pop
Collectibles > Decorative Collectible Brands
Collectibles > Decorative Collectible Brands
Books > Magazine Back Issues
Pottery, Glass > Royal Worcester
Electronics > Transformers

JoshHamilton said:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I don't care if they're bidding on gay **** magazines, as long as the value of my cards keep going up

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mredsox89 said:
Wow, that's insane. Anyone able to look up the latest blue autos of his? I'm on my phone and completed listings don't work real well for whatever reason

$490 (but it was a 0 feedback seller) - [ebay:3e6eq24t]110538618081[/ebay:3e6eq24t]
$647 - [ebay:3e6eq24t]110537749867[/ebay:3e6eq24t]
$650 - [ebay:3e6eq24t]250640286036[/ebay:3e6eq24t]

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Your tolerance for this notwithstanding, people interested in value are usually interested in what contributes to it, unless the person in question is not serious, and we know you are :)

JoshHamilton said:
I don't care if they're bidding on gay **** magazines, as long as the value of my cards keep going up

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Does anyone know for a fact that Strasburg will have a Bowman Chrome autograph in either Bowman Chrome or Draft?

He's an expensive signature I'm sure, considering Topps rarely creates separate print runs for autographs, but then again, the addition of this card could indeed be just a "teaser" for more Strasburg autographs to come. Of course, there is no precedent set for a player/prospect like this who commanded top autograph dollar since day one signing a contract.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Does anyone know for a fact that Strasburg will have a Bowman Chrome autograph in either Bowman Chrome or Draft?

He's an expensive signature I'm sure, considering Topps rarely creates separate print runs for autographs, but then again, the addition of this card could indeed be just a "teaser" for more Strasburg autographs to come. Of course, there is no precedent set for a player/prospect like this who commanded top autograph dollar since day one signing a contract.

The Topps Twitter guy says he'll have an auto in BC. Probably too early to say if he'll have one in BDP.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I think so. Tommy Hanson last year was in the majors before his chrome auto came out. Can the chrome autos of stras if it happens hit 300 per?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I think so. Tommy Hanson last year was in the majors before his chrome auto came out. Can the chrome autos of stras if it happens hit 300 per?
If the base autographs are reaching $500 now, I don't see why not. Granted, these will be his first autograph in Nationals uniform but I would imagine the Bowman Chrome version will be of a similar print run.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

If the base autographs are reaching $500 now, I don't see why not. Granted, these will be his first autograph in Nationals uniform but I would imagine the Bowman Chrome version will be of a similar print run.

That's the one thing I've been wondering. If the chromes are like those of any other year, the Bowman autos might actually be more rare in the long run. However, if they are serial numbered similarly to the bowman ones, then they will be crazy high.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Jaypers said:
[ebay:3qd23y1n]140411408520 [/ebay:3qd23y1n] :eek:

i was @ my lcs on friday,owner offered me a case before he raised the price of a box of jumbos to $225
only bought one jumbo. have another hobby box incoming. what will they be by tuesday?? :shock:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Good gawd...it's basically "forcing" me to sell my Strasburg auto...hmm.... :cool:

Look, at this point, anyone who sells right now from this board is not reading the writing on the wall. We ALL should know that hype will only continue to build because there is NO bigger pop than that time during call-up and prices have been going up and up and up. Please, everyone, wait until the call-up.

I thought I'd have to time it between highest price and Bowman Chrome release, figuring a flood of chrome autos would kill the hype a bit. Now, it's too easy to see when the best time to sell will be.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
What's even nuttier are those who were saying in either March/April/ or May of 2009 that the hype machine due to ESPN and Baseball America had maxed out Strasburgs prices which meant to sell then. What's even more nuttier than that were those saying that the Bowman auto releases would kill the USA issues. Folks, if it has an auto, it will sell:

http://cgi.ebay.com/08-Sweet-Spot-Steph ... 3a5b606c01

http://cgi.ebay.com/08-Sweet-Spot-Steph ... 1e5c0e973d

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-SWEET-SPOT-STE ... 519317604b

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-STRASBURG-2 ... 4cef3cd3c0

^^^ That used to be a $40 card.

Members online

Latest posts