Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some ebay buyers are too bent on getting a "steal"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I've always gotten the emails sneakily asking if the card is something more than it is being advertised as, i.e. you list a Bowman Chrome card and the buyer asks "if the card has a serial # on the back" to see if it is actually a refractor.

This time the buyer wasn't even subtle about his attempt to get a steal. I sold a base Bowman Chrome auto from 2004 and immediately after the auction ends, I receive an email from the buyer:

"Is this card a refractor? If it isn't then I don't need it."

Clearly, if I list a card as a base chrome, show a picture of a base chrome, do not mention "refractor" anywhere in my auction description and the card sells for exactly what a base chrome card should sell for, what the hell would give you the idea that the card is a refractor? The worst part is that there is nothing I can do but request that the buyer cancel the transaction and relist the card.

/rant

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Wait the time allowed to file a NPB on him. Ebay can see his email to you and see that it is buyers remorse. Is it something you can relist and get the same amount for?

~Aj

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
JVC said:
I've always gotten the emails sneakily asking if the card is something more than it is being advertised as, i.e. you list a Bowman Chrome card and the buyer asks "if the card has a serial # on the back" to see if it is actually a refractor.

This time the buyer wasn't even subtle about his attempt to get a steal. I sold a base Bowman Chrome auto from 2004 and immediately after the auction ends, I receive an email from the buyer:

"Is this card a refractor? If it isn't then I don't need it."

Clearly, if I list a card as a base chrome, show a picture of a base chrome, do not mention "refractor" anywhere in my auction description and the card sells for exactly what a base chrome card should sell for, what the hell would give you the idea that the card is a refractor? The worst part is that there is nothing I can do but request that the buyer cancel the transaction and relist the card.

/rant
File the NPB after a few days, that should show them.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
ajbraves25 said:
Wait the time allowed to file a NPB on him. Ebay can see his email to you and see that it is buyers remorse. Is it something you can relist and get the same amount for?

~Aj

I just decided to cancel the transaction. It's not worth getting someone mad at you and then trying to win all of your auctions just to leave you negs. I should be able to get just as much by relisting it but it pushes back the sale by at least 2 weeks. Just unnecessary hassle.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
JVC said:
ajbraves25 said:

~Aj

I just decided to cancel the transaction. It's not worth getting someone mad at you and then trying to win all of your auctions just to leave you negs. I should be able to get just as much by relisting it but it pushes back the sale by at least 2 weeks. Just unnecessary hassle.
Have you ever heard of blocking bidders? If so add this idiot to your block list. Don't let them dictate how you sell on ebay and don't let them off the hook.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
jflan702 said:
Were there any other bidders that you could do a second chance offer to? Maybe that would be a way to go.

Generally, bidders see second chance offers as attempts to sell a shilled item. I almost never accept a second chance offer unless the item went way below what I consider market value for the item.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Rickzcards said:
JVC said:
ajbraves25 said:

~Aj

Have you ever heard of blocking bidders? If so add this idiot to your block list. Don't let them dictate how you sell on ebay and don't let them off the hook.

You can easily get around a block. If you really wanted to screw with someone, you can just make a new ID or have your friends bid. It's really just not worth the hassle.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Feel free to drop a dime on him here so at least we can block him too. I know what you're saying about blocked bidders having too easy a chance to come back a screw you.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I would have went NPB all the way. **** that guy.

He won the auction, he should pay.

If I won an auction, I'd be expected to pay, or I'd get a negative feedback and a NPB.

He should have been made to pay, not given a pass.

There's no telling how many people he has done this to.

I would have replied with he won the auction, you had a clear description to read BEFORE you bid, and you're either paying, or you're getting a NPB.

Members online

No members online now.