Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Glaus tears up May and still no love?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
;)

I know, I know, its easier to complain than congradulate. That said, facts are facts..

May:

.325 avg
5 hrs
25 rbis

Leads the NL in RBIs this month.

I dont usually make a habit of gloating when he does well but this board sure does have a major complaint when he doesnt. :lol:

2 of the hottest players right now:

glaus-double-barrel.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's going to take more than a month of production out of Glaus to woo back all of thoes who had to watch their high hopes fall year after year..

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
matfanofold said:
It's going to take more than a month of production out of Glaus to woo back all of thoes who had to watch their high hopes fall year after year..

Its a biased opinion of coarse but the majority of his years have really turned out ok.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Troy Glaus actually got me started back into the hobby and buying Bowman in particular. I bought a pack of 98 Bowman baseball back in the day without any knowledge of who the "big hits" were supposed to be. I pull a Glaus, pass it over, get home and check my beckett and it's worth $12! I was elated. It went straight into a top loader. I think I dumped out a 90 Score Frank Thomas to find an open top loader. I carried it around like the holy grail.

When he was called up in 1998, I waited up all night for the highlights to roll around on CNNSI so I could watch his RBI Double in his debut game. I even caught it and taped it. I felt like a proud papa.

Still a fan to this very day and can still quote the back of that Bowman card without looking at it.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Vagrant said:
Troy Glaus actually got me started back into the hobby and buying Bowman in particular. I bought a pack of 98 Bowman baseball back in the day without any knowledge of who the "big hits" were supposed to be. I pull a Glaus, pass it over, get home and check my beckett and it's worth $12! I was elated. It went straight into a top loader. I think I dumped out a 90 Score Frank Thomas to find an open top loader. I carried it around like the holy grail.

When he was called up in 1998, I waited up all night for the highlights to roll around on CNNSI so I could watch his RBI Double in his debut game. I even caught it and taped it. I felt like a proud papa.

Still a fan to this very day and can still quote the back of that Bowman card without looking at it.

Great story, I wasnt a fan/collector untill late 99/00. My favorite part of his bowman bio....... "gifted hitter.... will use the whole yard....Gets under the ball and hits it a long way".......................... I was sold. :lol:

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
as an angels fan and collector, glaus has a special place in my collection. however, i doubt he ever gets the adulation he once received. being tied to a shipment of roids has a little something to do with it. that being said, 2 of my most wanted cards just happen to be of troy; 97 ucla team issue and 98 leaf r & s

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Thumpersports said:
Vagrant said:

Great story, I wasnt a fan/collector untill late 99/00. My favorite part of his bowman bio....... "gifted hitter.... will use the whole yard....Gets under the ball and hits it a long way".......................... I was sold. :lol:

For sure!

I always loved the "won't clog the bases", aspect of the description. Saying so little, yet saying so much.

I'm just shocked that CNNSI even existed. I hardly even remembered that until I started telling the story.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Halonut said:
as an angels fan and collector, glaus has a special place in my collection. however, i doubt he ever gets the adulation he once received. being tied to a shipment of roids has a little something to do with it. that being said, 2 of my most wanted cards just happen to be of troy; 97 ucla team issue and 98 leaf r & s

You know what, a few years back I would agree. That said, with the names on the list and the questions about others, I really doubt it makes a huge differance.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Vagrant said:
Thumpersports said:
Vagrant said:

For sure!

I always loved the "won't clog the bases", aspect of the description. Saying so little, yet saying so much.

I'm just shocked that CNNSI even existed. I hardly even remembered that until I started telling the story.

My oldest Glaus'

AUTO-NEWSPAPER-CUTOUT.jpg

scan0359.jpg

Members online

Latest posts