Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BUYING OFF BECKETTMARKETPLACE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Purchased a card off the Beckettmarketplace for around $30. Card was described to be nrmt-mt

I get the card a few days later and there is ridiculous edge damage. I email the dealer about the situation and after a week still no response.

I open a 'not-as-described' Paypal dispute for the transaction to see if the Beckett people will do anything about it. They tell me to take up my complaint with the dealer.

I call up the dealer, which I should have done long before, and they tell me to send the card back and they will send me a check in the mail. So I do that, but all the while keep the Paypal dispute open.

So I get an email from Paypal telling me the dispute will automatically close unless I escalate it. So I escalate it and they DO NOT rule in my favor.

"PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality." HUH?

So now I have no card, no check, and I'm out $30 :cry:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I am sure the dealer will take care of you I have worked for a couple stores on there and usually they are actual shops so they don't get to emails the fastest. The best thing to do is call them and once you did he told you to send it back. I hope you get the check I think you will

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I have to respectfully disagree. I can't even count how many times I've bought cards from Beckett.com. Must be at least 75 times and I've only had a problem once. Package wasn't received but it was the post office's fault. I'd say overall it's a very safe and reliable place to order from.

Members online

Latest posts