Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Ubaldo Jimenez Hype (Thoughts)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I know jimenez had a good season last year, but how many of us guessed that he would be 10-1 at this point, out-pitching the 2 time reigning cy young winner, and having a era below 1.00, and throwing a no-hitter, at the beginning of june??? According to this 2010 name a player/ name a stat thread (http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=69156) , no one :) I have seen his cards prices SKYROCKETING, (Im glad I have a few autos of his) and I want to have some opinions. He is having an amazing year!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'd be selling now since prices have jumped a nice bit recently, but of course I sold my SP Authentic Auto /10 for $180 ::facepalm:: . (Paid $90 for it the week before though.)

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
gt2590 said:
My thought:

I should have held on to my SPx auto Star /25. Sold it around the playoffs for about $20. Oh well.
::facepalm:: Ive done that with quite a few cards, Heyward in the pre-season for one example :) It happens, others you save and cash in later on!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I'll always regret not picking up his 2010 Finest red refractor auto #/25 for less than $10 when Finest first came out earlier this year. I was going to bid on it but passed, I over thought it and screwed myself ::facepalm::

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Rickzcards said:
I'll always regret not picking up his 2010 Finest red refractor auto #/25 for less than $10 when Finest first came out earlier this year. I was going to bid on it but passed, I over thought it and screwed myself ::facepalm::
Man do you know that would be much more right now. :lol:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's not hype. He is performing and the prices reflect that. It actually is the opposite of hype, because his prices were extremely low before his breakout season. Strasburg's prices are hype.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
His Spx stuff is high, but is everything else selling well? You have to wonder what real fan base this guy has
besides the rabid prospector, I hadn't even heard of the guy until this year and have seen no one here looking
for his cards.

Kevin

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
schmidtfan20 said:
His Spx stuff is high, but is everything else selling well? You have to wonder what real fan base this guy has
besides the rabid prospector, I hadn't even heard of the guy until this year and have seen no one here looking
for his cards.

Kevin

Most of his true RC autos are low serial-numbered so the supply is low compared to the demand. It's the Geovany Soto affect, but with a great player instead. A couple years ago Soto's 2005 stuff went crazy and a lot of his autos are in the same sets.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
schmidtfan20 said:
for his cards.

Kevin

'Sup?

Too bad most of the 1/1s came after his no-no.

Latest posts