Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brent Brewer quits baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
One of the coolest names in baseball and a hard IP autograph has retired. Brewers really are having a hard time getting early picks to pan out lately.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
securedsports said:
What a coward, just gets up and quits. There better be a good reason.

Coward?

Maybe he has an illness that prevents him from playing.

Maybe he has family issues.

Maybe he just wants to do something different.

Calling him a coward because you have some cards is pretty ignorant.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
NECpilgrims8 said:
securedsports said:

Coward?

Like i said he better have a good reason. Our organization has put a lot of money and coaching into this guy. You just don't quit. I pray he is healthy and does not have family issues. But just because it isn't going good on the field doesn't mean you quit, you keep plugging away and work that much harder.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
securedsports said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
securedsports said:

Coward?

Like i said he better have a good reason. Our organization has put a lot of money and coaching into this guy. You just don't quit. I pray he is healthy and does not have family issues. But just because it isn't going good on the field doesn't mean you quit, you keep plugging away and work that much harder.

This is a business, looks like he burned out and is going home. The Brewers could cut him at any time so why wouldnt he have the same right? Why is this any different than leaving any other job? Players are not like fans.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
That is fine, he is a quitter then, is he not. This has nothing to do with cards because he never had it in him in the first place. Now it is obvious. I told them not to draft him LOL.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
securedsports said:
That is fine, he is a quitter then, is he not. This has nothing to do with cards because he never had it in him in the first place. Now it is obvious. I told them not to draft him LOL.

Fine, he's a quitter who made a decision that was best for him. Hopefully, you are never called that for doing the same.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
phillyfan0417 said:
securedsports said:

Fine, he's a quitter who made a decision that was best for him. Hopefully, you are never called that for doing the same.

If there is a reason for why he quit that holds water, like injuries, family, etc then he is not a quitter, he then is just plain smart to move on.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
secured - I believe it's the fact that you used the term coward that had people questioning your comment. He is a quitter. Whether he quit because he was burned out, lost the love to play, got a job doing something else, whatever it may be does not make a guy a coward.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
securedsports said:
Jaypers said:
Desme, Duffy, Salome and now him.

Disturbing recent trend.

I agree. Salome is another lazy player. Why can't they all be like Brauny or even Pedroia? Excited for this draft though.

Salome is a lazy player? Have you ever met him to know his character?

I highly doubt a lazy player would make it to AAA like he has. If you're talking about his current leave situation, you really are sounding even more ignorant. We just don't know the details of his wife's pregnancy or the health of the baby.

Sorry all prospects can't be mother Theresa or sacrifice their entire livelihood as a human being for fans like you.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
If I quit my job tomorrow, would I be a coward too?

No athlete owes you or your team anything.

Yep.

It's a distinction many fans have trouble with due to their loyalty to their organization.

Also, how many of us were 100% sure of their life choices at 20-25 years old ? Man i could have called myself a quitter numerous times because i decided to experience a lot of things in my 20's (jobs, school, trips and such).
I think i am a better person at 38 because of all that stuff i experienced earlier in my life.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
IndyMann said:
secured - I believe it's the fact that you used the term coward that had people questioning your comment. He is a quitter. Whether he quit because he was burned out, lost the love to play, got a job doing something else, whatever it may be does not make a guy a coward.

Yep you are all correct, I used an incorrect word by using Coward, my apologies. But yes I have met and talked to him several times while visiting Maryvale, even hung out with him at a bar, and Salome is lazy. Don't bring up the pregnancy of his wife and baby, that has nothing to do with this dialogue. He has an anxiety disorder.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
securedsports said:
IndyMann said:

Yep you are all correct, I used an incorrect word by using Coward, my apologies. But yes I have met and talked to him several times while visiting Maryvale, even hung out with him at a bar, and Salome is lazy. Don't bring up the pregnancy of his wife and baby, that has nothing to do with this dialogue. He has an anxiety disorder.

Maybe he shouldn't be hanging out at a bar...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
securedsports said:
IndyMann said:

Lazy=Anxiety disorder

Nice

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
phillyfan0417 said:
securedsports said:
IndyMann said:

Lazy=Anxiety disorder

Nice

Not what I said, his current issues are anxiety disorder or at least that is what they are calling it. If you ever watched practices, games, spring training, you would know what I am talking about. I said the same thing about Matt LaPorta and look at him now. I am a good judge of talent. I look for guys that love the game, play it the right way, and live and die baseball. A few that come to mind in the Brewers farm system would be Caleb Gindl, Scooter Gennett, and Brett Lawrie.

Members online