Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 6/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
One game is underway; the rest begin tonight.

Jacob Turner had a good outing -- 5.1 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K

Other notable starters include:

Aroldis Chapman
Aneury Rodriguez vs. Zach McAllister
Sean West
Jay Jackson
Hector Noesi
Michael Pineda
Ethan Martin
John Lamb
Stolmy Pimentel
Dae-Eun Rhee
Tom Stuifbergen
Mike Belfiore
Fabio Martinez
Kyle Heckathorn
Kyle Lobstein
Robbie Ross
Jarred Cosart
Henderson Alvarez

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Jurgy25 said:
Belfiore!!!! Please get some run support and a win.

Jay, have you seen a red ref of Belfiore's yet? I'm still waitin for one to pop up.

-Eric
you are not the only one waiting :twisted:

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
mwashuc06 said:
Mike Trout with a HR.
BOOM!

And the MIKE TROUT IS BEGGING FOR AN EFFING PROMOTION streak continues.

Mychal Givens is sucking on the basepaths tonight. He's 1-1 with a BB, but has been picked off at first AND caught stealing second. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ant

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aminors said:
mwashuc06 said:
Mike Trout with a HR.
BOOM!

Mychal Givens is sucking on the basepaths tonight. He's 1-1 with a BB, but has been picked off at first AND caught stealing second. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ant

Givens was probably picked off first and caught stealing on the same play. He either took off on first movement against a lefty who then threw over to first (and then to second to tag him out) or the pitcher threw over and Givens knew he was too far off to get back so he took off for second.

Wilkin Ramirez now has 6 homers in his last 6 games.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
aminors said:
mwashuc06 said:
Mike Trout with a HR.
BOOM!

Ant

He certainly deserves a promotion-but what I see playing out is him getting a promotion after the league All Star game-which is 2 weeks from today. The reason I say that is letting him go thru the All Star experience is something rewarding for a guy, and a good reward early in his career. I see it a lot with MWL guys getting the call after the All Star game.

Just my 2 cents.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
mwashuc06 said:
I will be the first to say this: Mike Trout will have a better career than Mike Stanton.

Well Stanton is a power hitter. He's hit 19 HRs this season. Trout has hit 6. That being said, Trout has a killer average (.360+) and great plate discipline. I can't really see comparing the two, because they are two different types of player. Both can, in their respective ways, change a game with the swing of a bat. Stanton with his power, and Trout with his power and speed.

Ant

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I am very wary of Stanton still, will he be the next Winfield or could he be the next Wood. Remember Wood was the last guy to hit for power like Stanton in the minors and look what happened to him.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
mwashuc06 said:
I am very wary of Stanton still, will he be the next Winfield or could he be the next Wood. Remember Wood was the last guy to hit for power like Stanton in the minors and look what happened to him.

Wood never hit for the type of power Stanton has, outside the Cal League. He and Stanton aren't that comparable numbers wise.

Members online

Latest posts