Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008/09 NHL Winter Classic!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I wish I will be able to go since I live here in Chi-town. I could have gone to one of the
roof tops with all I can eat and drink and the game for 100.00 but I could not afford that even.

I maybe able to watch it I hope, since we maybe traveling to my inlaws on Thursday.

G

Last year's was awesome.

Too bad the Pens aren't in it again. ;)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
very excited especially after how awesome last year's was. I hope Kane and the Hawks destroy the Red Wings.

the NHL Network is replaying last year's Winter Classic today at 5pm followed by the WJC game between Canada and the US at 7:30.

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
I was just watching the Hawks practice and Wrigley lookes sweet. It will also be Ty Conklins 3rd outdoor game.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
As a big Wings fan, and someone who once lived in Chicago, it was awesome. I would have gone if I lived there still. They should hold the next one on a real frozen lake in MN somewhere. I don't think it would matter if it was up in the middle of nowhere people would go for sure.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Autismic said:
great idea but I bet Insurance companies would never let it happen

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Or a solution to making sure the ice didn't break. Maybe something like pre-freeze they put a "floor" in just below water level. Then the water freezes over it. So in reality (which no one will actually see) the whole thing will be supported by something solid anchored into the ground.

Members online

Latest posts