Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tonight - 2 HR, 8 RBI in JuCo World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And a double. Harper now has 31 total HR this season, taking the national lead.

And they're still only in the 6th inning.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
boxbreaker44 said:
Junior college leader or all colleges home run leader?

Callis didn't make a distinction, which makes me think he means all colleges.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
His numbers are impressive for a slow pitch softball league. If he switches positions after he is drafted any chance he gets called up right away?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kdailey4315 said:
His numbers are impressive for a slow pitch softball league. If he switches positions after he is drafted any chance he gets called up right away?

No chance. Switching to an OF position will likely accelerate his path to the Majors, but he's at least 3 years away.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
kdailey4315 said:

No chance. Switching to an OF position will likely accelerate his path to the Majors, but he's at least 3 years away.

Exactly, JuCo pitching is nothing to scoff at, but it is far from what he will be facing in the majors. It takes time to adjust to these things.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:
kdailey4315 said:

Exactly, JuCo pitching is nothing to scoff at, but it is far from what he will be facing in the majors. It takes time to adjust to these things.

And by the way, what I find most impressive is that he is hitting with a wood bat while the majority of college players in the country use aluminum.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1emjqo7z]
Jaypers said:
kdailey4315 said:

And by the way, what I find most impressive is that he is hitting with a wood bat while the majority of college players in the country use aluminum.[/quote:1emjqo7z]
Well, he is using metal in the JC Tourny. But for the regular season, it is impressive and is a jump start on getting used to wood.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
some jc leagues have some pretty damn good pitching, texas and cali for sure. in my juco years i faced 3 starting pitches who are currently on major league rosters and another 6-8 who were drafted one in which just threw a perfect game a few weeks ago aka dallas braden. of course the main diff is juco there are usually 1 maybe 2 great starters D1 evry starter is usually a stud

Members online