Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Chrome Strasburg Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Right now it looks like Strasburg is not on the 2010 Topps Chrome Checklist (which is set to be released in Sept). Since he is getting called up this week, do you think that Topps will now include a base or Auto Strasburg card in their Chrome set??? Please give me your thoughts... I have been an Upper Deck SP Collector for the past 16 years (putting together the MASTER set each year) and obviously now Upper Deck is no longer, I'm going to have to switch to a Topps product... so the Topps Chrome base set looks the most similar to SPs base sets, I figured I'd go with that, but a 2010 set w/ out Strasburg... thats no good! Let me know what you all think. Especially if you are a Topps Chrome collector. Thanks, BO

bmc398

May 25, 2009
They will do it with Stras most likely. There's no reason to not have him in there.

The checklist is far from final and there are still plenty of TBDs in there.

Id like to see him have an auto in there too. It may be a pipe dream but even if he was only a base card it would assure your case a little more value...making it a much safer buy.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This could take off like Bowman

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2 Signed On-Card Rookies Autographs Per Hobby Box!
- New! Hobby Exclsive 2010 Team USA Baseball Autographs!
- New! Hobby Exclusive! Logoman Patch Cards!

NEW! Chicle (50) - Numbered to 999!

NEW! Topps T-206 (50) - Numbered to 999!
- Printing Plates (100/200) - One of One! Hobby Exclusive!
- Super-Fractor (100) - One of One! Hobby Exclusive!
- Red (100) - Numbered to 25! Hobby Exclusive!
- Gold (100) - Numbered to 50!
- Blue (100) - Numbered to 199!
- Refractor (100) - Numbered to 499!

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I defintely think it will take off. #1...the checklist will be pretty good. #2 Its about the only baseball way thats coming out that time of year. WIll climb to probably like $80 a box after release.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ballcardzdotcom said:
All In Cards said:
TC is going to be great this year, 1 USA auto per case is just an added bonus. All on card autos.

Seems like Topps is finally getting the message...death to the sticker auto, and triple (threads) death to the silver sticker auto.

Matt
On a certain, very few products.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
matchpenalty said:
Yep, Topps Chrome will be huge and Cashburg train will keep it rolling. Good times again in Sports Cards, if you collect current players and rookies.
If you collect retired/HOF players, feel free to enjoy our giant silver stickers.

Sincerely,

Topps Co.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Has the usa auto checklist been released?

If both Stras and harper have autos in this one, and with Heyward as well, this product would be over $100 a box shortly after release.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
brouthercard said:

If both Stras and harper have autos in this one, and with Heyward as well, this product would be over $100 a box shortly after release.
I would think you could just about guarantee that Topps is going to go all Bruce/Longoria/Hanson with Heyward this year.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:

I dont think the 2010 team has been announced yet

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
All In Cards said:
brouthercard said:

I dont think the 2010 team has been announced yet

That was my concern when I first heard about this. I was afraid if they included the 2009 class, the 2010 Bowman Chrome USA's would be pointless to pick up, but since this is an entirely new class (and only college guys at that), I'm very happy.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Topps said 2010 Bowman would be the last time we see the 2009 Team.

So we should be good but we know they dont always practice what they preach.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I just get the feeling that Topps will play Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome against each other for the foreseeable future. This is kind of a shame because these products generally represent two different parts of the hobby.

Eventually Topps will produce Topps Debut Chrome when Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome no longer provide the profit Topps is looking for. Or maybe Topps will produce a hybrid set where the base cards will feature prospects with their minor league teams and the parallels in their major league ones (blah).

Latest posts