Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zack Wheeler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone know whats up with him? He hasn't pitched since the 18Th of May.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
he was put on the 7 day DL with a broken fingernail in his middle finger of his throwing hand. So pretty much he will be out till it is fixed i presume. Prob another week.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
cgilmo said:
He was getting shelled before the injury. I would move anything high end.

I played ball with his older brother, Jacob, all througout Little League and high school. His middle brother Adam played for the Yankees in their minor league system and now Zack. Both Jacob and Adam had to give up baseball, for the most part, because of severe arm injuries. Genetics tells me that Zack will experience the same fate. Although I hate to see it, science wins most of the time. Adam still plays in the same semi-pro league that I do, although he doesn't pitch and only plays first base.

--Matt

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010

yep giving up 0 runs in 3 of your last 4 games sounds like shelled to me. he has had some bad starts dont get me wrong but i think he is/was turning the corner

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
t3dudek said:

yep giving up 0 runs in 3 of your last 4 games sounds like shelled to me. he has had some bad starts dont get me wrong but i think he is/was turning the corner

You can cherry pick whatever game you want. Inconsistency is a pitchers worst nightmare. Granted he still has a lot of upside, and is very young, watching massive implosions every other start is hardly turning a corner.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Wheeler is garbage. The Giants don't know good pitchers when they see them. And it's not like any other team would have drafted him that high last year. Certainly not the Atlanta Braves, another team that doesn't know what good pitchers looks like.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
johnny rook said:
Wheeler is garbage. The Giants don't know good pitchers when they see them. And it's not like any other team would have drafted him that high last year. Certainly not the Atlanta Braves, another team that doesn't know what good pitchers looks like.

oh, saracasam

ha

I never said he was garbage, I just don't like the small sample of his work thus far. I still say I would hold anything low end and sell anything high end.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
i think now is the time to buy more mid-to low end stuff that ppl are unloading. He wil lget his chances he was a 1st round pick.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
cgilmo said:
t3dudek said:
i think now is the time to buy more mid-to low end stuff that ppl are unloading. He wil lget his chances he was a 1st round pick.

And a large percentage of first round picks never crack the majors.

I'm just hoping for a couple good weeks in A ball when he comes back to unload my base, ref, and x's. Did unload my gold refractor at a $40 loss last week though.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
And a large percentage of first round picks never crack the majors.

very true. But players drafted in the first round get multiple chances. the team has invested usually a million dollars plus on them an would love for them to do well. They will give them every chance they can. If they dont pan out they dont pan out.

All i was saying is that this is his first year in the minors an he is still becoming accustomed to the level of play. He has been working on different parts of his game an has been showing some improvements. If you can buy his low an mid level autos for cheap they are a good investment. If you need to pay a premium on his cards i wouldnt but if you are getting his chomes or elite auto cheap that is a good idea.

He might never pan out. Some prospects never do. Some prospects also have some learning to do before they turn into big leaguers, I personally believe that Wheeler can be a MLB starter but he is still young an maybe 2-3 years away from being that.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Is it me or a gold refractor of this kid at 80-90$ a complete steal for his potential?

i think that is a steal but if u listen to other ppl they say SELL SELL SELL. lol maybe there buying up all the high end singles an just telling everyone to sell lol. Im looking at you cgilmo lol jk :lol:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Agreed the kid is just getting his feet wet. A few dominant games and it is a 150 gold easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts