Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Price Guesses For The Strasburg Red 1/1 Auto???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
I just want to see what people are estimating... it hasnt been pulled yet, as far as I know,

Im saying about 30,000$ :)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
techboy42004 said:
I just want to see what people are estimating... it hasnt been pulled yet, as far as I know,

Highly unlikely it'll go that high.

Still, the Red 1/1 Non-Auto is currently over $4k, which I find amazing. It sold for just over a grand the first time it was listed.

I'll say $13k for the Red Auto.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

Still, the Red 1/1 Non-Auto is currently over $4k, which I find amazing. It sold for just over a grand the first time it was listed.

agree with jaypers i see it at $15k....won't be surprised if it hits arond $20K though

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

The superfractor sold for 16k if I remember correctly... and although superfractors are much more attractive, this one is autographed... which is why I think itll sell for 30k+++

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I think it will sell for less than the super, but would have sold for more than the super did if it came up first.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
techboy42004 said:
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

The superfractor sold for 16k if I remember correctly... and although superfractors are much more attractive, this one is autographed... which is why I think itll sell for 30k+++
i'll bet u it won't sell for double the x-fractor

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Depends on when it gets pulled. Unless he pitches a shutout his first game, his cards are going to start dropping.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
darocker80 said:
techboy42004 said:
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

i'll bet u it won't sell for double the x-fractor

I bet you an x-fractor will never be sold.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Considering the card will not surface until after his first start, I think Stras cards will have dropped by then. It'll go for around $4000. And if the current owner doesn't sell it until after bowman chrome comes out, it'll drop even more, maybe $2500 at the most by that time, when Stras is 3-2 with a 2.96 era.

I think the timing of the selling of the super was PERFECT. Did the seller get paid yet?

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
brouthercard said:
Considering the card will not surface until after his first start, I think Stras cards will have dropped by then. It'll go for around $4000. And if the current owner doesn't sell it until after bowman chrome comes out, it'll drop even more, maybe $2500 at the most by that time, when Stras is 3-2 with a 2.96 era.

I think the timing of the selling of the super was PERFECT. Did the seller get paid yet?

A little low... 2500???

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

It also sold by BIN without a picture the first time it was listed. It was the most unreasonable listing I have ever seen. This is closer to the actual price it should have gotten the first time.

And the Red 1/1 auto will AT BEST sell for the same amount as the Super if not much less. The reason for this is not the timing, but rather the amount of ink that the Super brought with it made it a high interest item for people not only of the card collecting community. It's unlikely that the Red 1/1 auction makes as much "buzz", as the Super did.

I think a lot of people underestimate the draw of owning a card that was mentioned on ESPN, Yahoo News, CNN, etc.

Unless the seller does some serious footwork in getting the auction the same kind of exposure, the same kind of price will not be realized.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Vagrant said:
Jaypers said:
techboy42004 said:

It also sold by BIN without a picture the first time it was listed. It was the most unreasonable listing I have ever seen. This is closer to the actual price it should have gotten the first time.

And the Red 1/1 auto will AT BEST sell for the same amount as the Super if not much less. The reason for this is not the timing, but rather the amount of ink that the Super brought with it made it a high interest item for people not only of the card collecting community. It's unlikely that the Red 1/1 auction makes as much "buzz", as the Super did.

I think a lot of people underestimate the draw of owning a card that was mentioned on ESPN, Yahoo News, CNN, etc.

Unless the seller does some serious footwork in getting the auction the same kind of exposure, the same kind of price will not be realized.

As I recall, a picture was in fact added to the non-auto 1/1 just before the BIN was hit.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
techboy42004 said:
brouthercard said:

A little low... 2500???

After he has been in the majors for 3 months, the hype will be gone.

Also, after his bowman chrome auto comes out, the bowman auto will lose even more of it's luster.

Even with a decent performance, his card prices will suffer.

If he gets rocked, they will suffer even more.

Let's just say i'm more bearish on his performance in the MLB over the next 3 months.

If I want to keep an auto of his, it will be a bowman chrome, not a bowman base, and I feel many will share the same sentiment.

Honestly, I really can't see his prices holding up, no matter how well he does. No one in history ever has.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
17ROCKIES12 said:
I think it will sell for less than the super, but would have sold for more than the super did if it came up first.

I agree.

If it comes out before he has a chrome auto on the market, it'll still get around 10K.

There are a lot more factors in play now that it most likely won't be listed until after his debut, the biggest of which will be that he will have played in a major league game by then. If he comes out dominating and has 2 or 3 excellent starts in a row, it may get more than the super.

Also I'm not sure what the chances are that the person who pulls it will list it auction style. If it were me, it would be listed $30k BIN/BO with a big advertisement about how this, not the super, is his best card...and I'd hope for a $20K offer.

It will definitely be a good one to follow.

Members online