Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ken Griffey Jr. has retired just now, mid season!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yanksfan4eva

Nov 11, 2008
Ken Griffey Jr Retiring

They just talked about it on BBall Tonight.
Haven't heard anything in the news up here in Seattle yet though.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Wow. We knew it was coming sometime in the next couple years, but it's almost shocking to see it. It's like the end of an era-- he was really the last big star of the 90s still playing.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Thats pretty sad. Great Career, that I think he held on too long. 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Sad day in baseball. But if I am not mistaken another really good player retired mid season too. Not sure who.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
Where do you guys think he ranks in terms on impact on hobby. I say top 3 of all time along with Mantle and...well can't think of another so maybe top 2 in terms of the hobby.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
One of the greatest baseball players in my opinion. He could have eclipsed all the HR records if he had been able to avoid injuries, but most of his injuries happened when he was playing hard which I respect.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Re: Ken Griffey Jr Retiring

championMan said:
Farewell to the only truthful power hitter in the steroids era

It will never be proven...one way or another. It all depends on who you ask.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Love the guy but he hasn't led his league in any category since 1999. This just shows how much of an impact he had in the '90s.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
One of the most sincier nods of the cap I have ever given! Thank for a wonderful career Junior.

It's just a shame so many injuries handicapped your 'supposed to be the greatest of all time' career.

When I think of Junior, I think about that hat turned backward, that huge smile, and what could have been.

And not that I think he juiced, but to his hardcore fans, I wouldn't be so sure about spouting off about how he was so clean through the Steroid Era, because none of you really know.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
He is the reason I am a Reds fan! I was a huge fan of his growing up and liked the Mariners when he was playing for them and then when he got traded the Reds I was more of a Griffey fan than a Mariners fan so I followed him and the Reds just grew on me.

It's too bad he was never able to win a World Series ring, or even come close for that matter.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I will never get it out of my mind about him how he had demanded a trade away from the Mariners. Ever since then, I lost all respect for the guy. Used to be my favorite player growing up....but no reason why he shouldn't have just played out his contract and then moved on. There may be still a few livid Mariners fan back in the day that would agree with me, but I am sure most of you will defend his case.

Latest posts