Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg auctions ended... very pleased

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
We just sold a lot of 11 Strasburg Bowman's; 5 chrome, 6 base... We listed them all together, and may have gotten more if listed in smaller lots, who knows?

I'm shocked that we got $187.50 for the lot. I'm thinking it was good timing with his imminent promotion... Anyway, I couldn't be happier. Also sold a refractor of his for $112 that ended Sunday.

bportjoey

May 27, 2010
Chicago
Contgrats good for you!!!!! its seems timing is everything when it comes to making maximum profit on ebay, i usually aim to end my auctions on sunday 6pm central time

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Great sale! but I personally think prices will get even crazier close to his debut date.. if he wins his debut expect prices to be insane

You're right, but its a crapshoot. I hope his last minor league start goes well tomorrow.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Moonlight Graham said:
We just sold a lot of 11 Strasburg Bowman's; 5 chrome, 6 base... We listed them all together, and may have gotten more if listed in smaller lots, who knows?

I'm shocked that we got $187.50 for the lot. I'm thinking it was good timing with his imminent promotion... Anyway, I couldn't be happier. Also sold a refractor of his for $112 that ended Sunday.

Don't take this wrong, but the lot of 11 wasn't anything but average. Base are selling at $10-$11 per, while chromes are $22-$30 per. So, on average that kind of lot should bring in $185ish. But that isn't to say you can't consider it a great sale-because the prices Stras stuff is at right now are pretty nuts when compared to other prospects.

However, I don't see his prices dropping anytime before Tuesday. My guess is this kind of lot would fetch $225+ after called up. But, that isn't a sure thing. You got your $$ while the money is good. Now, the question is does it get better? Hard to say.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have 5 Base, 4 Chromes, 1 Chrome refractor and 1 Bowman Orange that I ended and relisted so that will end around 1st pitch on Tuesday. Just trying to maximize my sales.

~AJ

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
ajbraves25 said:
I have 5 Base, 4 Chromes, 1 Chrome refractor and 1 Bowman Orange that I ended and relisted so that will end around 1st pitch on Tuesday. Just trying to maximize my sales.

~AJ

I went the oppposite way, having mine ending about an hour after what a REALLY well pitched game would take.

Members online

Latest posts