Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper EJECTED in tonights JUCO world series game!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
sorry if this has already been posted but didnt see it..
after being called out on strikes harper decided to turn around and tell the umpire that he was wrong and that it wasnt even close then proceeded to draw a line in the dirt where he thought the ball had crossed. umpire ejected him on the spot and he is not eligible to play in the next game.. harper has been thrown out of 5 ball games so far this year.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Somebody is going to have to break the sense of entitlement in this kid, but I think it's a pretty minor issue. All of his complaints are competition based. Plus, you probably have more than a couple of umps jacked up to toss him from a game. That's history.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
He will grow UP with that signing bonus. He will eclipse Strasburg's money
A 6 for 6 and a 4 for 4 game with too many HR's the numbers do not lie
One question though after he hits one or 2 HR's why continue to pitch to him?
I say walk or hit him no?

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Vagrant said:
Somebody is going to have to break the sense of entitlement in this kid, but I think it's a pretty minor issue. All of his complaints are competition based. Plus, you probably have more than a couple of umps jacked up to toss him from a game. That's history.

yeah, as of right now its just entitlement .. he is still one of the best to come out in a while, but at some point this type of attitude could turn into a Ryan Leaf type thing, where the anger is all thats left and the mind kills the talent.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
donrusscrusademan said:
Vagrant said:

yeah, as of right now its just entitlement .. he is still one of the best to come out in a while, but at some point this type of attitude could turn into a Ryan Leaf type thing, where the anger is all thats left and the mind kills the talent.
[youtube:2fw74pun]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMe0Rz1frdE[/youtube:2fw74pun]

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Dpanthers14 said:
He needs to grow up and deal with it.

Grow up and deal with what? He wasn't happy with a call, and did something he now probably regrets-but this example does nothing to show he needs to grow up and deal with it.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
hail2thevictors said:
Dpanthers14 said:

Grow up and deal with what? He wasn't happy with a call, and did something he now probably regrets-but this example does nothing to show he needs to grow up and deal with it.

hes probably implying he needs to grow up and deal with the fact that everybody makes mistakes and in his baseball he might be Jim Joyced about 2000 times, but sometimes taking the high road is better. drawing in the sandbox or yelling inst going to change an umps mind.

Milton Bradley might be one of the games best hitters if he could accept that injustices are made and that theres always next time. instead hes gone apes**t before so bad he injured himself.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
hail2thevictors said:
Dpanthers14 said:

Look at how many guys in the bigs argue with the umps (many go a mile further than what it sounds like Harper did), and there are guys who charge the mound and cause bench clearing brawls. He's human. Age has nothing to do with it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I pulled an Elijah Dukes auto from a pack yesterday and now I read this about Harper today. I wonder if he's the next Dukes where he'll be in trouble away from the field instead of just between the lines.

I wonder if he walked off the field spewing stuff to the ump about not needing this JUCO BS and that he'll be a big draft pick next week. ;)

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Sounds like he's a 17 year old brat - if his name was 'Alex Rodriguez,' people would be calling him a ******.

Card Magnet said:
hail2thevictors said:
Dpanthers14 said:

Look at how many guys in the bigs argue with the umps (many go a mile further than what it sounds like Harper did), and there are guys who charge the mound and cause bench clearing brawls. He's human. Age has nothing to do with it.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
rsmath said:
I pulled an Elijah Dukes auto from a pack yesterday and now I read this about Harper today. I wonder if he's the next Dukes where he'll be in trouble away from the field instead of just between the lines.

I wonder if he walked off the field spewing stuff to the ump about not needing this JUCO BS and that he'll be a big draft pick next week. ;)

He's still a long ways from being arrested for threatening to kill his girlfriend or throwing a bat at an ump like Delmon Young. This is not a big deal.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
After watching the video I really don't think he deserved to be ejected. Plus it was a terrible call.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
I can't figure out how people continue to make excuses for this kid. Is one ejection a big deal? Probably not. But if he's been ejected 5 times this year like the OP says then that's a problem. How many major league players get tossed 5 times in a season? I would guess not many if any at all. Harper is an incredible talent but this is an incredibly disturbing trend.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
"The ejection normally would signify an automatic one-game suspension, but since he was also ejected once during the year against Western Nevada, it extends to two games."

He's been ejected TWICE now. A two is sort of like an inverted 5...I guess.

There would be overreaction if it had been said originally it was two, hell, there would have been overreaction if it was his first, but "actual total" x 2.5 = ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts