Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hall of Fame chances with major milestone/milestones

Which players make the Hall if they obtain one or more of these milestones

• Edgar Renteria 3,000+ hits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamie Moyer 300+ wins

• Todd Helton 1,000+ extra-base hits

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Which of these "fringe" Hall of Fame-type players, IF they obtain one or more of the possible major milestones, do you think have a true chance at making the Hall of Fame?

Vote for every player that you think could make the Hall IF he obtains one or more of the major milestones listed.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think half of them are HOFers regardless...

Edgar Renteria?? Seriously??

As a Seattle guy, I love Moyer, but he's not a HOFer.

And Vaszquez???

This is exactly why these "milestone" numbers are garbage and saying that "if he gets to THIS number, he's in" is ridiculous. Even with 3000 hits, I'd love to hear an argument for Edgar Renteria that doesn't involve "he has 3000 hits."

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I get pretty involved in these HOF debates, so I'll just bow out after this. I voted for everyone but Vazquez.

All of those guys WILL be HOF if they achieve those numbers. Plain and simple.

Will they be 1st ballot or even 5th ballot? Probably not. But they'll get in. Do I like it? No. Do they deserve it? Most of them don't. But that's just the way it is and voting history has told us so.

You have to view it like this: It doesn't matter what your opinion is on whether they deserve to be in or not. It's just like people saying Posada isn't going to be in the HOF someday. I just :lol: REALLY hard at that. If somehow he doesn't get in by the writers, he definitely will by the Veterans committee 30 years from now. Phil Rizzuto anyone?

Sly said:
I don't think half of them are HOFers regardless...

Edgar Renteria?? Seriously??

As a Seattle guy, I love Moyer, but he's not a HOFer.

And Vaszquez???

This is exactly why these "milestone" numbers are garbage and saying that "if he gets to THIS number, he's in" is ridiculous. Even with 3000 hits, I'd love to hear an argument for Edgar Renteria that doesn't involve "he has 3000 hits."

Members online

Latest posts