Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buster Posey hitting .474

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Attention. This guy is pretty good. I still like my Michael Young comp (offensively). The guy continues to put together great at bats and knows how to go the other way. I expect he is up for good.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Kid has only had so far 20 ABs this year

Let try not to put too much pressure on the boy

Remember what happened to Matt Wieters :D

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
js0000001 said:

lol, I was typing this before I noticed you mentioned it. Exactly. Probably have the same stats as Matt does this year, absolute garbage.

Wes

OG
Administrator
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:

lol, I was typing this before I noticed you mentioned it. Exactly. Probably have the same stats as Matt does this year, absolute garbage.

Completely different type of player.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
LLWesMan said:
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:

Both catchers

so not completely

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
js0000001 said:
LLWesMan said:
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:

Both catchers

so not completely

Different kind of hitters. Wieters is more of a power hitter. Buster will have less SO's & better contact numbers. Also, Buster isn't playing catcher right now.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
js0000001 said:
LLWesMan said:
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:

Both catchers

so not completely

Yes, they are completely different players. Anyone declaring Matt Wieters a failure already is beyond stupid at this point.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Jays_Cards said:
js0000001 said:
LLWesMan said:
EricInCT said:
js0000001 said:

Both catchers

so not completely

Yes, they are completely different players. Anyone declaring Matt Wieters a failure already is beyond stupid at this point.

I agree. Wieters is going to be fine.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
matchpenalty said:
Are Posey cards gettng a nice spike now?

Not as nice as hoped. His chrome autos have gone from $40 to $60.

This goes to show that unless you are on a major market team (as a general rule), you need power (as a general rule) to make a splash in the hobby upon call up.

Posey is not going to hit very many HR's in SF, he will be more of a hitter for average, but .280-.320 with 12-15 hr's a year isn't going to cause a huge spike in the value of your cards, especially if you are hidden away in san francisco, where the east coast media only hears about you when they wake up in the morning.

In other words, sell NOW, or otherwise hold your peace.

Wes

OG
Administrator
brouthercard said:
matchpenalty said:

Not as nice as hoped. His chrome autos have gone from $40 to $60.

This goes to show that unless you are on a major market team (as a general rule), you need power (as a general rule) to make a splash in the hobby upon call up.

Posey is not going to hit very many HR's in SF, he will be more of a hitter for average, but .280-.320 with 12-15 hr's a year isn't going to cause a huge spike in the value of your cards, especially if you are hidden away in san francisco, where the east coast media only hears about you when they wake up in the morning.

In other words, sell NOW, or otherwise hold your peace.

It'll come - he's been overshadowed by a holiday weekend, Ubaldo vs. Lincecum and an imperfect game. If he keeps hitting his stock can only rise.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
lisu said:
matchpenalty said:

Yes, I've had some decent sales:

$250 for a raw blue ref auto
$120 for a raw ref auto
$80 for a BGS 9 base auto

bout the same for me 250 for my blue and 120 for my sterling refractor. No bites on my base and a few offers on my refractor but I think I want to get that one graded anyways

Latest posts