Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

strasburg on versus right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
J.O. said:
DWright5 said:
Walked the pitcher, GAH!

OMFG SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!
;)

Don't have any, thanx :?

I never have understood why this happens. He got the first 8 guys out, then walked the pitcher, who was 0-8, on a full count, and only swung at one pitch.

I've seen this before but can't understand why. Do pitchers just take the other pitcher for granted at that point? Do they just relax?

Not being critical or anything, just seemed odd to me. I used to pitch and took everyone as though they could get a hit. I know they are pitchers and all, but they are professionals, meaning they have the skills to hit you would think.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
He's young, I'm sure he took a mental break against the pitcher! I can't imagine the stress he must feel with his call-up around the corner. He'll learn to overcome 'guaranteed outs'.

I'm generally not one to buy into prospect hype, but I'm pumped to see this kid's big league debut next week.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
jswaykos said:
He's young, I'm sure he took a mental break against the pitcher! I can't imagine the stress he must feel with his call-up around the corner. He'll learn to overcome 'guaranteed outs'.

I'm generally not one to buy into prospect hype, but I'm pumped to see this kid's big league debut next week.

I don't prospect at all. I am anxious to see him though, especially being a Nat. I had tickets to his debut against Altoona but couldn't make it. Really wish i could go to DC for this one. I was in Ocean City 2 weeks ago with the family, should take another trip and make a stop!

Members online

Latest posts