Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lineup card exchange at Detroit today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I saw it-a complete class act all the way around.

People need to jump off Joyce's back. He blew a call-he was upset as can be last night when interviewed, admitting he "cost that kid a perfect game."

Today before the game he teared up when Galarraga presented the Tigers lineup card. The guy clearly is VERY sorry for the mistake he made. I feel terrible for him, I really do. Watch that play in full speed, and it's darn close. All these Monday morning quarterbacks should try umping sometime, and then they can talk. I always thought refereeing basketball was easy, until I tried it myself during a city league game. That was the last of that-it's not easy, but appears to be when watching games on TV.

There was a lot of good that came from this. The example Galarraga showed was just purely as good as it gets. That is the kind of stuff young players need to see-not guys throwing fits everytime they don't get what they want.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
hail2thevictors said:
Today before the game he teared up when Galarraga presented the Tigers lineup card. The guy clearly is VERY sorry for the mistake he made. I feel terrible for him, I really do. Watch that play in full speed, and it's darn close. All these Monday morning quarterbacks should try umping sometime, and then they can talk. I always thought refereeing basketball was easy, until I tried it myself during a city league game. That was the last of that-it's not easy, but appears to be when watching games on TV.

Totally agreed - when it was shown in full speed, I thought that it could have been ruled a tie, and tie goes to the runner. It was much more obvious in slow mo that he was out.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I'd say that was one of the non-close, close calls I've seen. Even so, they generally do get most calls right at first. Especially one like last night. I'd say that call is only blown 1 in 10,000 times. It really wasn't THAT close. In most blown calls the guys foot is hovering over the bag at least. Last night he was a full stride away.

mlbf_8616789_th_131.jpg

Oh well, the line up card exchange was awesome today.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
If Galarraga can forgive him, everyone else should. I mean, I'm impressed by a young guy with so much class. Impressive, hats off to him !

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I saw it and thought that was one of the Classiest moves I've ever seen in baseball.

Leyland sent Galarraga out to home plate with the line-up card. Jim Joyce was red faced and emotional walking out to the field anyway, but had to wipe tears away after he looked up and saw Galarraga hand him the card. He shook Armando's hand and patted him on the back.

I'd say all 3 are full of class. Leyland, Armando, and Joyce.

As I've said over and over in the past, I've been a Die-Hard Tigers fan of 40 years now and I was as angry, sick, and disgusted as anyone last night. But with all that's been done and said by all Joyce, Armando, Leyland, and everyone else involved I don't know how you can view Jim Joyce with anything other than respect and a true man of class.

For those that want to continue to hate on the guy, GIVE IT UP, GROW UP, AND QUIT YOUR WORTHLESS WHINING !!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
nborton said:
I'd say that was one of the non-close, close calls I've seen. Even so, they generally do get most calls right at first. Especially one like last night. I'd say that call is only blown 1 in 10,000 times. It really wasn't THAT close. In most blown calls the guys foot is hovering over the bag at least. Last night he was a full stride away.

mlbf_8616789_th_131.jpg

Oh well, the line up card exchange was awesome today.

I would say that you are using the WORST possible angle to determine if someone is safe or out. How can you see the ball? Did he bobble it? Is his foot down etc?

I have wathced 1000's of baseball games, and that was a close call at full speed. I watched the replay about 15 times and I couldn't tell you for 100% certain that he was out or safe. Obviously with replay, you can tell, but if you are relying on something in slow motion, then you must have thoght it was close also.

I think you are exxagerating on ALL counts here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts